Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:59:40 PM EDT
I am thinking of swapping barrels on my ar for something lighter. I have a stainless Lathar Walther full bull barrel that while very accurate is just too heavy for my needs. Am thinking of going with a 20 HBar barrel but funds are tight so I need to sell my barrel or do a swap. The barrel is 1 in 9 twist, was installed by clark custom, was properly broken in, and has less than 400 rounds down the tube. Probably less than 300 rounds.  Any idea what it would be worth with the included jp adjustable gas block?
Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
How long is the barrel?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
24 in
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Surely somebody has to have an idea here. Don't need the value down to the cent, just a general idea of what  to ask so it can hit the EE.
Thanks again,
Matt
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Put it on the EE @ $700, every week drop it $25, you'll find out what it's worth.

I have the same 24" bbl and you're right it is a heavy weight.  I'm debating just having it cut down to 20" and recrowned and enlarge the gas port.

Good luck
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Madd Dog,
Not looking to sell the whole upper, just the barrel and gas block. Off course if somebody wants to give me 700 for those who would I to disagree.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#6]
i would say 400-500.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah,
I was just throwing out numbers but the point being was to start high and be willing to come down until it sells.  Why not just sell the whole  upper and then you pick up a new complete upper.  Saves a bit of trouble.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Maddog and others,
I've thought about dumping the whole upper and starting from scratch I figured I would lose enough money on the sale to be able to put a simiar quality upper together with similar features. I.E. I love my CF float tube.

Hell throw another anlge into the mix. Who thinks I should just sell the whole upper and start again and who thinks I should stick to the plan of just selling/swapping the gas block and barrel.
Thanks to the opinions so far.
Matt
P.S. If anybody is interested in buying or swapping on this stuff shoot me an IM and we can talk shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top