Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:14:55 PM EDT
So I thought lord of war was an ok movie besides the subliminal anti-guns/anti-US theme.  I made the mistake of watching disk 2.  What a crock of shit.  

Weapon specs:
Glocks made in Australia?

M16 7.62mm?  Belt fed?

The making a killing: "inside the international arms trade" was all hosted by a dumb ass chick that shaved her eyebrows and others that I am sure have never held a firearm in their lives.

I can't believe people are so naive to think that "guns" are the source of todays atrocities.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I thought lord of war was an ok movie besides the subliminal anti-guns/anti-US theme.  I made the mistake of watching disk 2.  What a crock of shit.  

Weapon specs:

M16 7.62mm?  Belt fed?

The making a killing: "inside the international arms trade" was all hosted by a dumb ass chick that shaved her eyebrows and others that I am sure have never held a firearm in their lives.

I can't believe people are so naive to think that "guns" are the source of todays atrocities.

Mes a think you in da wrong forum.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
oops, you're right. Mods please move this to GD or delete.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I, for one, am shocked that an ancillary disk to a fictional movie is anything less than a reference rivalling the stacks at Jane's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Weapon specs:

M16 7.62mm?  Belt fed?

You forgot the M16 fires from an open bolt.

Disc 2 = Terrible waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought the one disc version. Not a bad movie in some ways. I do admire their point, and the whole thing appealed to my rather gallows sense of humor. My wife liked it too, but Kate says she'd rather help sell guns because that way she gets to shoot them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:55:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The movie was okay but I refuse to get the 2 disc DVD version of anything because most of it is crap.

Max
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]
+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:33:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Just watched disc 1 last night.   Wasn't exactly what I expected.   But I didn't know what to expect I guess..

Too much narration, not enough bang. (Too much chat not enough splat)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I liked Deal of the Century better

Give you a little touch up....

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I haven't seen Lord of War and I was wondering if it was a remake of Deal of the Century.  That's a funny movie.

And I love the "little touch up."
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen Lord of War and I was wondering if it was a remake of Deal of the Century.  That's a funny movie.

And I love the "little touch up."

Not even close!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#12]
What did you expect from LION'S GATE FILMS?

They brought the world Fahrenheit 911 too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought Lord of War was OK. It had it's moments. But I too was bummed by the disk 2 stuff.

BTW, I didn't know it came any other way. I bought mine on the release day at Walmart. It came in the 'deluxe' version, packaged with Rising Sun (Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes) -- for $19.95. Seemed like an OK deal to me.

ETA: Deal of the Century is a classic. Trying to find it in widescreen DVD.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
this is AR related--ARs are belt-fed
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#15]

The Canadian M16 LMG does fire from an open bolt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#16]

-  I liked the movie overall...glad I didn't watch Disk 2.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:51:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Not to offend those that liked the movie, but that was the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. Nick Cage is half retard, I'm convinced now. I should've stuck with my Nick Cage ban after Con Air, like I promised my self.  But no, I thought this would be an ok flick. Boy, was I wrong. If anyone ever hears of me wanting to see another Nick Cage movie, please remind me of "Lord of War". Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember on the Lord Of War movie website they had a movie that showed how a 7.62x39mm was manufactured, packaged, shipped, loaded, used, etc...  It was pretty neat, but they used pictures of a 7.62x54R.  Seems they got hardly anything right.

terdferguson, I agree with you, Con Air was where I imposed my own Nick Cage ban.  What a stupid movie......
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I thought Lord of War was OK. It had it's moments. But I too was bummed by the disk 2 stuff.

BTW, I didn't know it came any other way. I bought mine on the release day at Walmart. It came in the 'deluxe' version, packaged with Rising Sun (Sean Connery, Wesley Snipes) -- for $19.95. Seemed like an OK deal to me.

ETA: Deal of the Century is a classic. Trying to find it in widescreen DVD.

$10.49 from amazon
This title will be released on February 14, 2006.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Funny thing; one variation of the M16 Rifle DOES; AND there IS a belt-fed variation of the M16.

The Colt M231 Port Gun; this bad boy has a cyclic rate of up to 1,200 rounds per minute.

THis is the Shrike; a Belt-fed AR15. Neat, huh? It looks to me like someone with a hacksaw and a mig-welder went crazy with an AR15, an M249 SAW and an M60.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I remember on the Lord Of War movie website they had a movie that showed how a 7.62x39mm was manufactured, packaged, shipped, loaded, used, etc...  It was pretty neat, but they used pictures of a 7.62x54R.  Seems they got hardly anything right.

terdferguson, I agree with you, Con Air was where I imposed my own Nick Cage ban.  What a stupid movie......

Except the intro scene with the manufacturing line, they never put any powder in the cases befor they seated the bullet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]
wrong forum
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top