Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 10:59:42 AM EDT
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a 300 blackout upper, possibly for deer hunting. Is there anything I need to do other than install the complete upper? Do I need to change anything with the buffer? I'm kind of a novice when it comes to AR'S, so I am open to any advice. Any recommendations for entry level uppers? It would have to be a MD legal HBAR. Gotta play by their rules unfortunately. Thanks in advance guys
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:45:05 AM EDT
Nothing you have to change, other than the barrel, many run theirs with the carbine buffer with no problems, so find one, buy it, when it gets to you, put it on your lower and go bang!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:19:56 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing you have to change, other than the barrel, many run theirs with the carbine buffer with no problems, so find one, buy it, when it gets to you, put it on your lower and go bang!
View Quote

That stated, what is the recommended buffer weight for a 300 supersonic in a SBR?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:23:02 PM EDT
Until I switched to an LWRC ultra compact stock I just used a regular carbine buffer/spring in my 8" Noveske build. Functioned flawlessly suppressed or unsuppressed. Still does with the new stock system.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:54:55 PM EDT
Does the law state it must be a heavy weight barrel?

To go from 5.56 to 300blk all you need to change is the barrel/muzzle device and possibly gas system (depending on barrel length). I recommend looking into Bravo company, I have their 9" upper. Top piece of equipment, I wouldn't change anything on that build with the 8" KMR-A and Surefire scout, and Aimpoint Micro T2.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:34:01 AM EDT
Yes in md it has to be a heavy barrel. They really messed things up with the Oct 2013 laws. I may be wrong but I've been told you can't even possess a non heavy barrel unless purchased prior to the new laws
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top