Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2003 6:19:13 PM EDT
I would like to replace the stock trigger on my Bushmaster gun, and am looking for suggestions.

I have a Williams trigger on another AR, and am not fond of it because even though I've loctited the screws in it, they do work loose.

This is for a defensive gun, and the possibility of this happening is unacceptable. So, I'm looking for a good light trigger, but no adjustment screws. It needn't be super light, but light enough to not hinder 300-400 shots. I won't be using it in DCM matches.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:48:15 PM EDT
The RRA 2-stage I have in mine is great! No adjustment screws, and it has a very light & smooth pull, no creep, and a clean break.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:09:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2003 12:10:13 AM EDT by Russ4777]
People on this site are constantly complaining about Loctited setscrews on triggers coming loose!!! Doesn't anybody read the instructions on the Loctite bottle?? YOU GOTTA CLEAN AND DEGREASE ALL THE MATING PARTS BEFORE APPLYING THE STUFF. Residual oil/grease will prevent the Loctite from properly bonding to the parts. It's like using a mold release agent when fiberglassing or casting resin. The shit won't stick if oil residue is present.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:12:10 AM EDT
I like the RockRiver NM trigger also.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:47:06 AM EDT
Ditto RRA NM- much better than factor triggers, but not ready to go to Camp Perry out of the box. Just right for the price. Pete
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2003 3:45:03 PM EDT by Fenian]
Well, for a plinker, home defense type rifle, why don't you just slap a set of reduced tension hammer and trigger springs...$8.00 from Brownell's, and they work like a champ. Or, you could just do the 15 minute trigger job...that works too. I've done that to all my ARs, and it makes those extended shooting/range sessions a breeze. I've got an Armalite NM trigger in one of my rifles, and it's really nice....thousands of rounds through that rifle, and no problems at all. Some folks have reported trouble with the RRA 2 stage triggers, but it's really few and far between. I really don't think it's necessary to use a match trigger...at least try the reduced spring trick...and if you don't like it, you can alwasy replace the original springs for next to nothing, then get the match trigger. I've never had any problems with doubling, FTFs, FTEs, or anything like after I've tweeked the triggers, in case you're worried about that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 11:17:15 PM EDT
Thanks for the ideas, guys.
Top Top