Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2002 7:22:53 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can find and buy some 30rd (or 20rd) transparent magazines. I'm looking for clear mags like the ones you see for the Sigarms rifles but for an AR-15.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
i hate to piss in your cheerios, but you prob won't find any, civilian legal anyway.
you might find one or two of those shitty AR15/Mini14 interchangeable abortions ramline or eagle, (don't remember who)made. they were a fragile, but slightly transparent plastic.

the only mags made like that for ARs now are the DPMS 10 rounders and the simunition magazines.  that style didn't really catch on til after the ban in 1994, and by then it was too late for non LEOs.
troy, the mag moderator would know more on this one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I did see some NIW Eagle 30 rounders fro sale a couple weeks ago on www.sturmgewehr.com for about $25-30, but as Troy stated they're not worth it. I have heard that the feed lips crack very easily.

Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I thought that they were more of an after thought for the AR-15, and most would have been manufactured after the 1994 ban. It's a good design because knowing you could just look at your mag to determine the number of rounds left is pretty cool. I guess I'll just keep counting the rounds as they fly out of the barrel.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some Eagles and they are crap.  They will not hold the carrier back after the last round.  I sent them back to the factory and they called me and said they worked perfectly.  They couldn't understand they were supposed to hold the carrier back after the last round.  I tried to explain it to the guy on the other end of the line and he just couldn't understand it. I gave up and keep them as collectors pieces.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember seeing somewhere that IMBEL of Brazil made some transparent m-16 mags for some 5.56 FAL or something. But good luck trying to find some.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw transparent magazines used in an M-16 once while enlisted, but unfortunately I wasn't in a position to ask questions about it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
No, it was the real stuff/ M-16.  It was on the bus to Camp Pendleton from San Diego, the D.I. was assigned the ammunition for security, and aquired a recruit's rifle.

I don't know if the intent was towards the recruits, or towards making counting the ammunition easier.  This is the only time I have ever seen a transparent magazine used while active duty.

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys for the replies. I guess I'll end my search trying to find a reliable 30rd transparent magazine. It was more to collect then to actually use, but either way it must be reliable.

Thanks again for the responses.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top