Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 3:41:18 PM EDT
Anyone know of a range in MA where I can fire some tracers? My club doesn't allow them. I've got some LC97 tracers that I picked up from ammoman several years ago and I wanted to see if they're still good. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
LC-97, M856, orange tip..................... They will be more than good, they will be like new. I have a bunch of LC-89 M856, works like a charm.  Find yourself a place with a mountain in the background, so the tracer has some flight time and burn out. I launch them in WV towards Peters Mountain in the dark........ Was soaking wet this past weekend, rained the 4 days solid we were there, shot some WCC-68 (M-196) as de-milled from Talon Mfg.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had the pleasure of shooting a tracer round in the dark.  What's it like?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
First there is the muzzle blast, then usually about 50-75yd out the trace element lights. Best way to say it is-- picture a burning road flare going away from you at 2900-3100 fps, just smaller.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, there aren't too many open spaces around me.

I've got a couple hundred rounds and want to test some before I offer the rest up for sale.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top