Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:21:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 5:22:57 PM EDT by 8416w]
I am looking for some pictures of our soldiers using the Magpul stock in Iraq. Could someone please send me some links to pictures? Thank you for your help.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:24:17 PM EDT
Pictures of soldiers using a M93 Magpul stock in any theater of operations would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:31:23 PM EDT
There were some pics of some MEU USMC soldiers with them a while ago. Bravo Company was selling the stocks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:03:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 6:05:39 PM EDT by BravoCompanyUSA]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:44:16 PM EDT
That pic was in a SWAT magazine article by Pat Rogers about the Kimber pistol that Marine Corp DET. 1 bought.

Jason
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:49:33 PM EDT
I was hoping to find more pictures of soldiers with magpul stocks. I thought the military was using a considerable amount of the M93 stock. Thank you to those that have responded so far.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:05:42 PM EDT
I think one reason for the lack of pictures is due to the fact that some of the operators who use the stock don't like to be photographed. Richard from Magpul will probably see this thread and might have some pics.

BTW, why exactly are you looking for said pics? Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:44:38 AM EDT
I had originally thought that the Magppul stock had been issued in limited numbers to regular troops, especially Marine MEUs. I have recently purchased a M93B from Triggerfin and wanted some photo proof that the military had purchased a few of the stocks. I like to keep my rifles in military issue set ups.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:10:56 AM EDT
FWIW, I have not heard of the MagPul stocks being in use on any branch or deployment

doesn't mean much (nothing actually) but I read a bunch on related topics.

Maybe other Magpul products (ranger plates, MagPul, rail covers, magazine followers, etc)

Now I have seen a lot of private contractors with the Magpul stocks. And they also have their lives on the line, and can buy anything they want - money being no object - and they often choose Magpul
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:13:25 AM EDT
The Magpul M93 has been adopted and has a NSN. That's why you can't bring it out of the States anymore unless you have an export permit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:42:17 AM EDT
Inside info says that there are a ton of these in service now. As a matter of a fact I've heard that Naval EOD has purchased 100's...not a joke either. The Det 1 fella's were the first as far as I know. There was quite a bit of interest by all branches of the armed forces (excluding the CG) at the Shot Show this year. That is where EOD got hooked.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:35:21 AM EDT
Tagged for pics of robot legs kickin ass.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:50:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:00:11 AM EDT
The contracts department of Fleet & Industrial Supplu Center, San Diego (FISCSD) intends to solicit and negotiate on a sole basis iaw FAR 6.302-1, "only one responsible source and no other suppliers or services will satisfy agency requirements," with Magpul Industries, 6816 N. 95th St, Longmont, Co 80504-4771. (FITTED WITH ALUMINUM TAILPIECE STIKE PLATES, DOUBLE HK STYLE SNAP RINGS AND 516 EACH MIAD MODULAR GRIP BASIC COYOTE BROWN (ENHANCED ALUMIUM TRIGGER GUARD WITH 123LITIUM AA/AAA BATTERY CORES) Delivery shall be FOC destination to Explpsive ordance Disposal Group on 2424 Rendova rd, Bldg 158, San Diego, Ca 92155. FISCSD intends to award a firm fixed price type contract. This action is being issued utilizing Simplified Acquisition Procedures for commercial items under FAR Part 12. This is not a request for quote or an announcement of a forth-coming solicitation. Interested persons may identify their interest and capability to respond to therequirment. Informa! tion received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement. Request for copies of a solicitation will not be honored. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed requirment based on responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the government.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:32:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 8416w:
I had originally thought that the Magppul stock had been issued in limited numbers to regular troops, especially Marine MEUs. I have recently purchased a M93B from Triggerfin and wanted some photo proof that the military had purchased a few of the stocks. I like to keep my rifles in military issue set ups.

I prefer to keep my rifles "mil-spec" too but sometimes the military doesn't have the best gear or, more specifically, the best gear for you.

If you like the stock and it fulfills your needs, that's all that matters, right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:17:43 AM EDT
Matt-B

You are right!! I like the M93B better than my A2 fixed stock, and plan to use it whether the military decides to or not. If a person can afford one, it is the most solid retractable stock out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:38:10 AM EDT
There are lots of LMT stocks issued, if that helps at all. I think LMT calls it the SOPMOD stock, but I'd have to look it up to verify the nomenclature.
Top Top