Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/27/2012 11:39:38 AM EDT
Sorry, I didn't know whether to post in Pistol, Variant or Build-it-Yourself! Been a while since I've been in the Tech forums.

Got an Essential Arms lower on the way! I've been wanting to get a .300BLK upper for a few months, but other things have gotten in the way... I'm interested in building a .300BLK pistol/future SBR. I've just read about the 26"+ firearm thing, so I'd like some info on your not-pistol "firearm" builds and what parts you'd recommend. I do want to SBR this in the future, but I think a 9mm Rifle multi-cal can will come before it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:08:32 PM EDT
I would just build it as a pistol them SBR it when it comes time. No need to try and fit it between some random classification.

MAHA
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:17:46 AM EDT
Start at the end and work back to the beginning. If your ultimate goal is an SBR, what exactly do you want to do with it? Suppressed? What are you going to shoot with it? What type ammo will you primarily be using? Then work backwards from there to determine barrel length and twist rate. The rest is just buying parts. Like Mahamotorworks has already said, don't get side-tracked from your original goal.

Best of Luck whatever you decide.
That is all...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:52:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mahamotorworks:
I would just build it as a pistol them SBR it when it comes time. No need to try and fit it between some random classification.

MAHA

That's what I did... Wanted to be able to shoot it while waiting for the stamp. I zeroed in on a 10" barrel being the best setup for me. I reasoned that a 10" 300 BLK has as much muzzle energy as a 16" 5.56.
Top Top