Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2009 7:22:06 PM EDT
Alrighty, it's been about five years since I built my last AR from the ground up.  A lot of new geewiz parts and accessories have come along since then.  I need some ideas.  Here are the basics.  I am starting with a Spike's Tactical lower receiver.  I plan to incorporate a 16" free-floating barrel, A3 upper, four sided rail handguard, flip up sights front and rear, and collapsible buttstock.  I need some ideas and suggestions as to vendors who provide high quality cutting edge components.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The Vltor VIS system is an A3 style upper with integrated rail forearm.  For sights Troy and Noveske are good.  I also prefer the Smith Enterprises Vortex flash hiders.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
What is your budget?
If you are going all out then I would go as followed, BCM 16" carbine or middy depending on what you want, I prefer the middy. throw on a 10" Larue, or Daniel Defense rail, MBUS sights or Troy. One of Magpul's awesome stocks, I personally like the CTR the best. Magpul MIAD grip and a Larue FUG. Then for muzzle device, all out Triple Tap for compensated I also like the PWS and for flash hiders I like Vortex. Followed with some kind of tac-lite (I like Surfire E2 series) and then an optic of your choice, for a build like this I would opt for a T1. YMMV

As far as getting what you want, hit the site vendors Bravo, Larue, and PK. are my personal favorites. My best piece of advise is buy once cry once.

ETA: if you want to build the upper Noveske makes a top notch barrel, and BCM has a new CHF Barrel that is also suppose to be top notch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
These are good, I would like to see some ideas from more members.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
These will be my next two "builds"

#1 will be my first SBR, probable a BCM lower and 11.5 BCM upper, Daniel Defense lite rail, Magpul BUIS, Aimpoint CompML2, and Noveske KX3.

#2 I am building for my 6th month old son , it will be his KISS rifle, just a Colt 6520, with Magpul MOE furniture

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top