Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/15/2005 11:59:58 AM EST
Due to temporary budget constraints, I am going to have to buy an A-3 carry handle for my
Armalite M-15A4. I just want something mounted so I can shoot the rifle before I get enough cash to buy an EOTech. Anyways, I have narrowed it down to DPMS or CDNN(Abilene, TX). Can anyone provide info on CDNN's $49.99 A-3 carry handles? Biggest question is who makes them/Quality? I don't want CHINESE junk on my All-American rifle. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
-vato(from the AK-side)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:35:23 PM EST
I haven't seen their carry handles but I tend to get suspicious of anything that looks like too good of a deal. BTW, have you checked Ameetec? I don't know what DPMS charges for a carry handle but I was just at Ameetec's site adn they are $89. Also, don't forget to the check the equipment exchange here. Never know what you might find.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:39:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:
I haven't seen their carry handles but I tend to get suspicious of anything that looks like too good of a deal. BTW, have you checked Ameetec? I don't know what DPMS charges for a carry handle but I was just at Ameetec's site adn they are $89. Also, don't forget to the check the equipment exchange here. Never know what you might find.

Agreed, always seems to be a couple that are reasonably price in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:12:15 PM EST
i have a DPMS handle. it is nice, fit/ finish great. however, i was disappointed when i got it. the only thing holding and indexing it on the upper is the two thumb screws. i was hoping that it would have a cross slot indexing pin, it did not. i'm not sure which ones do, if any. my Armalite 1-piece scope mounts have it, so i assumed the DPMS carry handle did.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:01:00 PM EST
Thanks for the replies. I will definitely check out Ameetec and the EE for the carry handle. If nothing pans out, Brownell's has DPMS for $89.00 also. Just sort of curious about CDNN though. The price just seems too good, I guess the old saying might be true in that "you get what you pay for." I guess I'll just call CDNN and ask them tomorrow, that might be the easiest to do.
Thanks again.
-vato
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:10:48 PM EST
cheapest A3 carryhandles made in USA i have seen are ~$90-$115

your best bet is EE or just get some BUIS sites
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:00:44 PM EST
Stay away from the CDNN carry handles!!!
DPMS or Bushy are the one's to get.
The cdnn carry handles are crapola. Chicom sand castings with paint.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:19:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 4:39:22 PM EST by WIZZO_ARAKM14]
Shoot man, I think Armalite's handle straight from them is $90 or $100. That'd probably be your best bet.

I got my RRA carry handle from RB Precision last fall for $110 because I wanted to keep the rifle All-RRA.

My next A4 might have a used one off the EE or a new one from Armalite.

WIZZO

Found it. ARMALITE UPPER PAGE
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:53:11 PM EST
Why bother? You will have to just get a BUIS when you get your EOThingy. Just get the ARMS #40A and be done with it. Remember, even though it folds down, it is still a rear sight
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:56:33 PM EST
if you are gonna spend that much I would get a BUIS site used so you can still use it when you get your eotech
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:55:07 AM EST
I have a new Bushmaster A3 handle for sale. $80 shipped! vallopez2000@comcast.net
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:17:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ghost-Shooter:
Why bother? You will have to just get a BUIS when you get your EOThingy. Just get the ARMS #40A and be done with it. Remember, even though it folds down, it is still a rear sight

+1 Just get a ARMS #40 and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:35:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By rockytherotty:

Originally Posted By Ghost-Shooter:

+1 Just get a ARMS #40 and be done with it.

+1 If you are going to get a EOTech just get an ARMS #40. You will need it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:43:54 AM EST
CDNN and Tapco are selling handles made in Taiwan. They are not that bad. The aperature itself is kinda crappy but easily changed to an A2 aperature. I saw some being used in Iraq with no problems. The finish does wear faster but they work OK. My .02.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:46:53 AM EST
don't get some chinese cheap crap on your all-american rifle.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:37:01 AM EST
This is the same situation as the Leapers T168, 6X scope for $40.00 everyone thought was crap until they bought one. I assembled 14, M4 conversion kits while in Iraq and 2 soldiers were real cheap skates. I had to use the Tapco carry handles to keep the price down to where they could afford it. The handles turned out to work just fine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:05:04 AM EST
You can find DPMS carry handles from Brownells for $66.60 if you have C&R, otherwise price is $89.95. These are made by Cardinal Forge and are high quality stuff.
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5567&title=AR-15+DETACHABLE+CARRY+HANDLE

MN
Top Top