Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2005 7:02:56 AM EDT
Can someone recommend one?  The only one I have found so far is the Power Custom.  I am looking for something that doesn't require any gunsmithing if possible.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Try giving Stag Arms a call or check there online store. I know that they offer one with there left-hand rifle and think they carry it as an acessory.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]

A popular brand which I have is the Norgon Ambi magazine catch.

There's a lot of sellers here in the Equipment Exchange forums that sells them.

Off the top of my head, Magpul, Global Tactical Supply, Operation Parts, Brownells, Stag Arms, RB Precision, Fulton Armory and any major AR15 parts sellers should have them.

They're standard issue on the Stag Arms left hand AR15 model. Stag Arms also have a good ambi selector.

Installation is just like installing a regular magazine catch, just plug and play.

Norgon link with pictures www.norgon.com/

ETA: Added pic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The Norgon is a great catch for the lefty's.   When installed it looks & works like an OEM part.  Installation should only require using a punch on a roll pin.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the norgon ambi catch.  It is the only one i would recommend.  all you have to do to install is pull the original catch far enough out to unscrew it from the mag release button.  Stick that part in your spare parts box and install the norgon as you would the standard catch.  should not take any tools at all.  It looks great and works better.  Makes mags slightly easier to insert as well.  I have NEVER had a problem with the mag comming out without me wanting it to.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I will be going with the Norgon.  Without this site I would have made the mistake of getting the Power Custom part.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Norgon ambi catch is a first rate part.

I’ve found it irreplaceable in high-power.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top