Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2008 6:08:19 PM EDT
I'm building a couple M-16 "NJ legal wanna be's", but I can't find a AR-15 bolt carrier w/o the F/A cuts. I'm building three guns, 1) model 601, and 2) model 607's full fence and partial. I'm new here, these are going to be my first builds. Thanks  
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's an option.
www.newriverarms.net/product-info.php?pid87.html

they have them w/o the FA in both chrome and phosphate. I have them both and the quality is excellent.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Fulton Armory?
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm building a couple M-16 "NJ legal wanna be's", but I can't find a AR-15 bolt carrier w/o the F/A cuts. I'm building three guns, 1) model 601, and 2) model 607's full fence and partial. I'm new here, these are going to be my first builds. Thanks  

I'm interested in how you plan on makin' a Jersey legal 607.

Please tell me more!

And yeah, you'll be happy with the YM BCG
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I know for a fact that Fulton Armory has parkerized and chrome bolt carriers with out forward assist cuts.  The are made by a military contractor.   $90 but they don't have chrome bolts.  Although DPMS does.

www.fulton-armory.com
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#6]
All, thanks for the BCG input, those Young bolt looks really nice.

CC, I found most of the parts for the 607, including a short M-16 stock (not an LE shorty). It appears very similar to the 607 stock but w/o the hardware. I'll have to make the hardware so the stock will expand-Then pin it either open or closed. As far as the barrel, Model1 has a NJ legal barrel 14.5" w/ a welded mock flashhider bringing it to just over 16". I would like to get a 10.5" barrel w/ a welded 5.5" mock moderator,I just haven't found one yet. That my plan, any input is appreciated. I have alot of birthday presents to buy this summer- I should continue this project in the Fall.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would like to get a 10.5" barrel w/ a welded 5.5" mock moderator,I just haven't found one yet.

Don't forget about the approx. 1" overlap needed for the threads.  That would only give you a 15" total length.

An 11.5" + 5.5"mod would work.  For a 10.5" barrel you'd need a 6.5" moderator!

Edited because my math sucks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Young Mfg makes the carriers you speak of. They used to supply me, and I know for fact that they also supply others in the industry whos names I will not call onto the carpet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I never saw the point of a 11.5in barrel with a 5.5in flash hider welded on. You may as well get the extra 5in of barrel and bump up the muzzle velocity.

You can get slip over flash hiders that go over the longer barrel if you really want that look.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to all,
I'm going to buy those shining things at Fulton (a.k.a YM BCG). Also Mike 12345 thanks, I didn't consider the velocity, and blow back issues. Therefore I'm going to use a welded slip over w/ 16"barrel, unless a 14.5" barrel w/ a welded slip over meets the 16 inch criteria!?!
I will no longer check this thread, so please email at [email protected] with any further input. Thanks again brothers
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#11]
You sure those Fulton carriers are Young?  I had one from Fulton a few years ago, and it was made by DPMS.  Had a "D" on the side and was not too good.  I'd get a Young from Young
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top