Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 1:31:42 PM EST
I am looking for ideas to help me see the iron sights on my AR. I was shooting late in the afternoon, and the sun in my face was making it hard to see the sights clearly, even though I used a hat to shade my eyes. I was using Sight Black, but it wasn't doing a good job. What do you guys use?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:33:21 PM EST
Switch to TRIJICON front site post, I hve them on all my ARs, even during the day the WHITE dot against the Black post pics up easily. in USMC we used a smudge pot to blacken the front site post. I guess it helped. lol
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:20:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
Switch to TRIJICON front site post, I hve them on all my ARs, even during the day the WHITE dot against the Black post pics up easily. in USMC we used a smudge pot to blacken the front site post. I guess it helped. lol

+1, if your front sight post is worn and getting shiney, then pick up some Site Black spray, if you have trouble seeing the black site, then Trijicon or other dotted post may be the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:04:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/23/2004 4:05:41 PM EST by billclo]
The sight /barrel is brand new. I did use some Gun Scrubber to get the oil off it, and then Sight Blacked it.

The sight silhouetted alright, it was the glare off the top of the front sight post, and from the bottom of the rear aperature (small long range one). The sides of the sight were decently visible, just the top was hard to make out.
Top Top