Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/8/2012 3:52:50 AM EST
I have read tons of reviews and really can';t find what I'm looking for. I would even be open to a non AR platform. I run about 500s round a month. Target range is 10 to 500 meters. Some slow aimed and lots of rapid fire. I would like to run a suppressor. Does this really push towards a piston gun? I price range with out optics is up $2500.00. Seems POF, Armalite, FAL, LMT, Sig and scar keep coming up. SR25 pattern mags seem to be a bonus on long term cost. Thanks in advance for any input.

Dylan
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:43:04 AM EST
You haven't come to a conclusion after reading "tons of reviews"........?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:26:03 AM EST
LMT MWS.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:36:34 AM EST
Get a French 49/56 and have it converted to a .308, and you will be set for what you want, for far less than you are willing to invest. The 49/56 is a VERY
rugged and well built rifle. Don't buy one that has all ready been converted, get one done right.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:00:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/8/2012 6:01:36 AM EST by DillomanTX]
I did not come to a conclusion because the reviews are so contradictory. Scar 17 rocks. Oh ya. Point of aim shifts. Armalite rocks. Oh ya. Not great with a suppressor. Fal rocks. Oh ya. DSa stopped using chrome lined barrels. Sig 716 Rocks. Oh ya. The buffer bounce sucks. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. That's is why I layed out the criteria of what I am looking for and looking for advice.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:16:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By DillomanTX:
I did not come to a conclusion because the reviews are so contradictory. Scar 17 rocks. Oh ya. Point of aim shifts. Armalite rocks. Oh ya. Not great with a suppressor. Fal rocks. Oh ya. DSa stopped using chrome lined barrels. Sig 716 Rocks. Oh ya. The buffer bounce sucks. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. That's is why I layed out the criteria of what I am looking for and looking for advice.

The other issue I have heard with the SCAR17 is bolt fatigue, since the bolt is considerably smaller than an AR10 bolt. Not so with the SCAR16, though. Maybe FN has addressed it, and guys with high-volume SCAR17 experience will have to weigh-in on that. POI is going to shift on a very lightweight barrel profile when run in high-volume. There are very few lightweight barrels that I have seen that will hold accuracy throughout the day. One of the exceptions I have seen is a Sako75 in .308 with a featherweight barrel profile. It held 1/3 MOA throughout a 3-day Sniper Instructor Course for me, but sucked to shoot in volume, due to the recoil, even suppressed, in a McMillan stock, off the bipod.

The Armalite AR10 with the SASS gas block is great with suppressors. Combine it with the JP Captive spring and you have a very smooth system.

FALs give you the option of an excellent adjustable gas block. For a practical blaster, I like the 18" guns a lot. Ergonomics are quite good with the FAL, especially the charge handle and bolt catch.

My experience with the HK417 in high-volume has been rather good. We had one at the last 3-day DMR course that I ran, and I kinda liked it, although I'm not a big fan of op-rod driven AR's.

I don't have any need for a .308 carbine anymore, due to the Grendel. All my AR10's will be .260 Rem or other long-range platforms from now on.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:25:10 AM EST
Super VEPR 308
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:25:59 AM EST
FAL. It's not going to cost an arm/leg. It's been fighting for decades, sometimes on both sides. Everyone should have at least one in the heard. You can chose either inch or metric
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:05:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/8/2012 10:23:54 AM EST by Chris1NY]
Buy the rifle you like and do you own testing. That is the only way you will know.

500 rounds per month is really minimal usage for these battle rifles.

I have read tons of reviews and really can';t find what I'm looking for. I would even be open to a non AR platform. I run about 500s round a month. Target range is 10 to 500 meters. Some slow aimed and lots of rapid fire. I would like to run a suppressor. Does this really push towards a piston gun? I price range with out optics is up $2500.00. Seems POF, Armalite, FAL, LMT, Sig and scar keep coming up. SR25 pattern mags seem to be a bonus on long term cost. Thanks in advance for any input.

Dylan

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:21:28 AM EST
SCAR 17...

I have had them all and shot many rounds through them , for HARD USE .. SCAR17.

It beats them all for reliability and practical combat accuracy.

You will find more accurate bench guns for sure, if you are shooting to 500 meters get the SCAR. It is rock solid and with a Geisslle trigger they can be very accurate.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:32:00 AM EST
Tip if your going to re-load for your Semi auto 308

Get full length small base dies!

it will save you much,,, frustration!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:48:04 AM EST
Nope. They contradict each other.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:54:49 AM EST
Thats the plan. Looking to narrow the field before dumping lots of time and money. I try to stay practical. Asking of others experience seems to be a good way to find my start.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:43:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/8/2012 12:50:41 PM EST by Chris1NY]
There is still no guarantee that you won't get a dud. I went through this exercise and try all different types of rifles, Springfield M1A, L1A1, DSA FAL, PTR91, SAR8, AR (308)etc...the one that was suppose to be 100% reliable end up to be a dud. The one that is 100% reliable was not right for me ergonomically.

Buy the one you want and go from there. I do have a couple of 100% reliable rifles for sale... Good luck.

Thats the plan. Looking to narrow the field before dumping lots of time and money. I try to stay practical. Asking of others experience seems to be a good way to find my start.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 1:30:33 PM EST
So which one did you end up with? I know 500 rounds monthly is not excesive. Fire rate has more to do with it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:56:53 PM EST
Look at the Colt 901 and the PWS mk2 series. I really like the 901(will be my next purchase hopefully) and the PWS piston is my favorite, and both of these rifles provide a lot of value.

Daniel
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:34:11 PM EST
LMT If you can find one a Larue. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:19:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/9/2012 6:22:30 AM EST by Liquidmetal]
.308 Vepr. I own two of them and they are fine rifles. Well made and very robust. They will outlast your grand kids.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:41:00 AM EST
If by "hard use" you mean that you need a rugged gun that will handle adverse conditions and being dropped or otherwise handled roughly, I'd suggest the FAL. I think you could use one to club zombies, hammer nails, and pry open doors with no ill effect. You likely won't find one that shoots better than 2 MOA even on a good day, but you didn't state you needed 1 MOA accuracy. The gun has decent ergonomics and recoil moderation. Mounting optics isn't as simple as with a flattop AR, but it is doable. You mentioned that DSA no longer makes a chrome-lined tube, but I don't see that as an issue. If you can afford to run 500 rounds a month thru the gun, you can easily afford to replace the $200-ish barrel at 10K rounds, and with about $150 worth of tools you can do barrel replacement and headspacing yourself. If you haven't read the thread on "Old Dirty", check it out at the FAL Files website.

Regarding 308-pattern ARs, I did run 140 rounds through my DPMS 308 in a couple hours at a machine gun shoot a few years ago. Most rounds were relatively slow fire, but a couple mags were fired at a pretty fast pace. No hiccups whatsoever. That gun ran flawlessly through the more than 700 rounds I fed it, milsurp, steel case, and my reloads, and it was chambered in 308, not 7.62.. Only time it choked was when I rode the charging handle forward. It certainly was more accurate than the FAL––about 1.25 MOA with the factory load it preferred. I prefer the 308 AR ergonomics to the FAL and find it easier to shoot more accurately than the FAL. I'm a fan.

The drawback to at least my DPMS 308 AR copy was that it didn't seem as sturdy as the all steel FAL. I think if I had dropped it just right the upper or lower might have bent or the upper receiver takedown lugs might have sheared. Granted, that's my perception only and not based on any testing I've done, but the FAL does feel like a more solid gun. Maybe some of the higher-end ARs, such as the LMT or the Larue have a more solid feel to them, and perhaps you can find reviews were those guns have endured much abuse and still functioned just fine.

I don't know where in TX you live, but Red's North in Pflugerville has an FAL in the rental counter. Sure would be helpful in your decision-making process if you could run a couple mags through your prospective choices.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:07:41 AM EST
Sounds like I live a bit north of you. Leander. Had an Fal. Great rifles. Just sold my M1a. Finally decided I could or did not want to make it something it was not going to be. I have been looking further into that option. The Lmt and the LWrc seem to be the two I keep coming back to. Is the piston worh the extra money? The ar platform has so much to offer. Running a can on a DI is a big question.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 10:40:36 AM EST
When Clinton got re-elected in 1996, I was out in the field training in Korea near the DMZ, where we were stationed. It was a bad day for us, very demoralizing, and morale sunk to the bottom. It was also raining, and we were kinda hunkered down. I took my M16A2, and threw it into the air as high as I could. When it landed, all that was wrong was a cracked handguard, barely noticeable.

I doubt you would sheer the lugs of the upper on an AR platform. Only time I've seen that done is with those receiver inserts with the pins to do barrel work.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:09:37 PM EST
I can't speak to suppressor use in a DI system (although that's in progress for my 300 BLK, 5.56, Grendel, etc), but I will say that I'm impressed with the reliability of the DPMS version of the AR10. Although I sold the aforementioned 308 copy to jump on the Grendel bandwagon, I purchased another DPMS in 6.5 Creedmoor without hesitation when I finally decided on that cartridge.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:22:01 PM EST
Sounds like I live a bit north of you. Leander. Had an Fal. Great rifles. Just sold my M1a. Finally decided I could or did not want to make it something it was not going to be. I have been looking further into that option. The Lmt and the LWrc seem to be the two I keep coming back to. Is the piston worh the extra money? The ar platform has so much to offer. Running a can on a DI is a big question.

I got an LWRC REPR on impulse, and while I like it, I'm not sure it's worth 3 DPMS DI guns. I'd bet it's not any more accurate than your average DPMS either. Blasphemy, I know. Add proprietary and numerous parts and the logistics starts to lead one in another direction. No one wants to hear it, but I'd say parts commonality, simplicity, maintainability, parts availability, and accuracy really lead to a DPMS patterned DI .308. Too many positives... Almost everything besides building your own parts is MUCH easier with the AR DI platform. SCAR, well I'll wait and see. I think I saw someone on here selling dies for making your own mags.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 7:29:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/15/2012 7:31:37 AM EST by maxpower762]
Originally Posted By Rino451:

I got an LWRC REPR on impulse, and while I like it, I'm not sure it's worth 3 DPMS DI guns. I'd bet it's not any more accurate than your average DPMS either. Blasphemy, I know. Add proprietary and numerous parts and the logistics starts to lead one in another direction. No one wants to hear it, but I'd say parts commonality, simplicity, maintainability, parts availability, and accuracy really lead to a DPMS patterned DI .308. Too many positives... Almost everything besides building your own parts is MUCH easier with the AR DI platform. SCAR, well I'll wait and see. I think I saw someone on here selling dies for making your own mags.

This

The best thing to do when faced with these decisions is to the follow the ARFCOM path and get em all....

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 8:31:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/15/2012 9:43:11 AM EST by Leprechaun-33-]
M1a or 901 is within that price range.

M1a bc its a beast and reliable! Very cheap compared to most .308s.

901 bc its accurate/monolithic rail, reliable and uses simple .308 Pmags.compared to the scar the mags are way cheaper. Also better moa with the 901!

You can "run hard" we these two!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:15:17 AM EST
This is a DPMS Oracle, that's been heavily modified. It shoots great, and I run it HARD. Once I got my adjustable gas block set right, it hasn't skipped a beat. With a shit load of rounds down range. As you see it, It comes close to your price with the optic., maybe 2700 or so.

Want to get a little more fancy, build your own. I'd have to figure out what I have into this Mega-10. But it also has a $600 Krieger Stainless barrel on it. With the Leupold MK4 M1 scope now on it really shoots.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:07:23 PM EST

Dylan

First let me ask the following....what do you consider "rapid fire"?
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:09:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Leprechaun-33-:
M1a or 901 is within that price range.

M1a bc its a beast and reliable! Very cheap compared to most .308s.

901 bc its accurate/monolithic rail, reliable and uses simple .308 Pmags.compared to the scar the mags are way cheaper. Also better moa with the 901!

You can "run hard" we these two!

901...is that the Colt LE901? (just taking a WAG here)....
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:27:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/15/2012 1:45:13 PM EST by MatthewCourtney]
DPMS pattern with an adjustable gas block somthat you can easily switch back and forth from suppressed. Larue Predatar 7.62 is light enough to run and gun with, yet solid enough to take a beating. For a little less coin, a CMMG or Bushmaster will do what you ask. Whichever LR 308 you go with, get the adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:37:44 PM EST
Armalite. This is back when she was on her second barrel. She now wears a 16-inch stainless AR-10T barrel. It runs and runs and runs.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:51:52 PM EST
I like the army looks like mine!
Originally Posted By Sinister:
Armalite. This is back when she was on her second barrel. She now wears a 16-inch stainless AR-10T barrel. It runs and runs and runs.

http://i47.tinypic.com/15gwgp3.jpg

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:59:53 PM EST
LaRue OBR
LaRue PredatAR
LaRue PredatOBR

Take your pick, and your in TX. That's a no brainer ....
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:50:58 PM EST
OP, I'm a big fan of "rolling your own". With all the available parts these days it makes a lot of sense to build your own and get exactly what you want. Start with a Mega MA-10 receiver set and go from there. You can spread the cost out if thats an issue and end up with exactly what you want with very little compromise. Hell, if you wanted to get fancy build two different uppers, say a 14.5 pinned blaster and 20 inch hole in hole shooter. If you aren't comfortable doing the work yourself there are many shops here on ARFCOM that have tons of happy customers. ADCO, Rainier, etc....
With parts these days, theres no reason to settle on anything. Get it the way you want it, AR's are like Burger King now.

-Green.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:43:04 PM EST
FNAR
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:13:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2012 4:15:12 AM EST by Sarge1119]
I have spent the last 4 years contemplating the exact same dilema. I wanted a .308 semi auto to round out my stable but couldn't decide. My criteria was the same as yours with the exception being that I wanted to hunt with it also. I hunt in the area where you live (Junction) so being able to make a shot out to 500 to 600 yards was a must. Because of the terrain, weight was also a consideration and a pretty important one. I ran through all the usual suspects beginning with the FAL. I bought a standard DSA STG 58 and slapped a DSA scope mount and 3x9 scope on it. I loved that rifle. Very reliable, easy to clean, and was not finicky with ammo type at all. It did have two major problems though: It was heavy, especially on long walks up and down hills. It's accuracy, especially past 250 yards was spotty at best. It did well with the ammo that it liked but unfortunately, that ammo was also the least cost effective in terms of stockpiling. I eventually sold the FAL and bought a M1A scout. The scout solved some of the issues that the FAL presented but came with an issue of it's own that I just couldn't get past: There just is no really good way to scope a M1A without restocking the gun (JAE, SAGE, etc..). You can scope one in a standard stock but your left with a chin weld that is not very conducive to the type of use I was putting the gun through. Off it went.

About a year ago I finally realized that given all the criteria that I had set for a .308 semi auto, there was really only two options worth considering because only those two met most of them: An AR pattern .308 or the SCAR. I went back and forth between the two for some time trying to decide and eventually, the decision was sort of made for me. I ran into a guy here on the E&E selling his MWS for a really good price so I bought it. I did like that rifle, no doubt. The MWS is one of the most finely made rifles that I think I have owned. It would shoot MOA with damed near every kind of ammo I put through it. It was completely reliable, very ergonomic, and surprisingly compact with it's 16" barrel. What it wasn't was light. The gun ran circles around the FAL and M1A in every category but it was just too damned heavy to hunt with unless all you do is hunt out of a stand or ground blind. I found myself relegating the MWS to more of a "bench-gun" role which left me wanting for the rifle that I was in search of in the first place as I wouldn't use the MWS for hunting much at all.

I always suspected that the SCAR 17s would be the rifle that would fit the bill but the price was a major turn off. The cheapest I could find them for around here was $2900.00. With the cost of the magazines, I was looking at around $3200 for the rifle with a good quantity of magazines. Thats a hard pill to swallow. I sold my MWS, saved my pennies, and made the purchase. I could not be happier. The SCAR filled all the attributes I was looking for in a semi auto and it exceeded my expectations in the accuracy department as well. It's light, more than accurate enough to hunt animals with at extended distance, very reliable, a breeze to deal with when it comes to mounting optics, and easy to clean. None of the other rifles on your list meet ALL those criteria except the SCAR. It's expensive and the magazines are pricey, but when you consider what the rifle does, and how well it does it, I think it is worth it. I think of the SCAR 17s as the Jack-of-all-Trades and master of quite a few. There's something to be said for that when you think about it.

Ultimately, opinions are like assholes right.. Everyone here will tell you something slightly different depending on their experience. I happen to have experience with every pattern of rifle you named in your list but that doesn't mean that what I settled on will be the right thing for you. If your ever down in the Houston area, shoot me an IM and you can put several hundred rounds through my SCAR to see for yourself.

Cheers,
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:11:06 AM EST
I run a modded AR10T. Factory it had a bad barrel and Armalite replaced it. I upgraded to a 22 1/2" stainless and never looked back. LOVE IT!! Shot a few DPMS, and they weren't as high a quality. Shot a LaRue and would have bought one could I have afforded it
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 2:30:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Rino451:

Great post Rino451. That's exactly why I chose a DPMS patterned rifle. (Bushmaster MOE .308.)

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:00:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2012 3:03:21 PM EST by Digital_Damage]
With your price range I would pick up a Sig 716. Can get one for 1700-1800, leaves a lot left over to get a nice optic, sr25 pattern mag, no issues with suppressed. Ran with one for a couple of weeks before my Sr-25 came in, no large complaints.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:05:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Digital_Damage:
With your price range I would pick up a Sig 716. Can get one for 1700-1800, leaves a lot left over to get a nice optic, sr25 pattern mag, no issues with suppressed. Ran with one for a couple of weeks before my Sr-25 came in, no large complaints.

I'm seriously toting with the idea of dumping a lot of stuff I no longer have an interest in and picking up a 716. Only wish there were more pre ban high caps available for it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:59:53 PM EST
PWS Mk216.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:41:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

I'm seriously toting with the idea of dumping a lot of stuff I no longer have an interest in and picking up a 716. Only wish there were more pre ban high caps available for it.

Doesn't the Sig 7.62 take SR25 pattern mags? (P-mags)
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:43:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bhart89:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Doesn't the Sig 7.62 take SR25 pattern mags? (P-mags)

Yes but preban SR25 mags are neither common, nor cheap. Around $125 each.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:41:49 PM EST
I consider both my MWS and SCAR 17 hard use, Battle Rifles that I would trust to shoot moa, and do so reliably. That said, I'm not sure that I wouldn't put my OBR in that category also. It has yet to have a failure and is silly accurate as an added bonus. I would have to reconfigure it for "Battle Rifle" duty but it could easily be done. The new Noveske, whenever it hits (I'm guessing SHOT) would also be a great option.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:04:29 AM EST
Thanks for all the input. I purchased am AR10A and gave it a run. Also bought a DSA FAL. Kept the FAL. Sold the Armalite to my father in law. He wanted it and would not take no for an answer.

Dylan
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:00:43 PM EST
scar
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:38:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 12:40:12 PM EST by boarklr]
Another vote for LMT...yes I have one. They're seeing hard use right now overseas.

Hard Use Video
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:44:59 PM EST
ptr91,FALN
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:18:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 2:05:06 PM EST by combatengineer21]
I would recommend the PTR91 GI / A3 on the cheap or the Colt 901. My personal gun is the Colt 901 which I have $2400 into it with 6 mags. I have had a journey with .308 rifles in the last 2.5 years. I originally had 2 PTR 91 GIs with B&T type mounts and 2-7x scopes set up as battle rifles - cost was $1300 with optic per rifle and 20 mags. The PTR 91 GI eats steel ammo all day long and shoots 2-3 MOA with wolf which is very affordable and I had around 1000 rounds with zero issues thru them. I then sold my PTR 91s, a Colt 6920, an Interarms AK74 with cash and got a pair of SCAR 17s.

The SCAR 17 is a great rifle - very accurate (1-2 MOA) and light weight, but I don't like a plastic lower without a metal trigger pack group housing. I also did not like blocky feel of the SCAR 17 and I felt it needed an extended rail and the buttstock felt cheap. SCAR 17 Mags are expensive and at the time hard to find + the feed lips are thin. The PWS brake is annoying and needs to come off. I like the SCAR 17, but after 800 rounds and one FTF - it did not seem sturdy as an AK, AR, or HK so I decided to dump the platform.

I ended up selling the SCARs and buying 2 more PTR 91 GIs, another Colt 6920, a Krebs AK74, a Glock 19, and a MP22 with some cash. I was thinking about a LMT 308, but the Colt 901 came out or atleast on my radar in the last 2 months and sold my 1 of my 2 PTR GIs and picked up the Colt 901. The election also helped spur my decision. I have 300 rounds thru my Colt 901 and I am shooting 1 MOA with Winchester .308 that I stock piled. So far the Colt 901 has been flawless with Winchester / German Dag, no issues or failures. I love the feel of the rifle - just like a heavier AR, but not too heavy like the LMTand very sturdy with the rail. It is a little nose heavy, but not bad. PMAGs are affordable and regular non Colt PMAGs work well. I like the back up sights better on the Colt 901 than the SCAR irons which could easily be knocked down. Overall, I am very happy with Colt 901 and think it is a great buy compared to the SCAR 17 or LMT. I still like my PTR 91 GI because it is my favorite old school battle rifle and it eats cheap steel, but the Colt 901 blows it away in performance. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:16:57 PM EST
There's a lot of good info in this thread from several of you who actually have owned and run a serious amount of 7.62 through different blasters. I just re-read through the thread, and came to this conclusion again:

If you must have a 7.62 NATO, lightweight, reliable, accurate, suppressor-friendly blaster, I would steer you to a custom build if you don't shell out for the LaRue PredatAR.

Where I would start for that is a lightweight profile 16" or 18" barrel from Criterion, or one of the cut-rifled pipes from Bartlein, Krieger, Lilja, etc.

I would put a steel adjustable gas block on it.

Use the JP Captive Recoil Spring system, and an Armalite BCG.

I would also use the Armalite AR10A receivers, which work with SR-25 & PMAGs.

Use the trigger, furniture, and optics of your choice.

Thankfully, I'm no longer chasing this rabbit, because I have a 16" 6.5 Grendel, which is lighter than an identically-built 5.56 carbine, only I'm launching 123gr projectiles with BC's that smoke most of the match .308 bullets, unless you go to a 190gr SMK, (which is really for the .300 Win Mag), and I'm doing it with a magazine capacity of 25rds that is the same size as a 30rd 5.56 mag, so none of my load-carrying kit needs to be changed when I change from my 5.56 blasters to the Grendel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:07:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By swatbwana:
SCAR 17...

I have had them all and shot many rounds through them , for HARD USE .. SCAR17.

It beats them all for reliability and practical combat accuracy.

You will find more accurate bench guns for sure, if you are shooting to 500 meters get the SCAR. It is rock solid and with a Geisslle trigger they can be very accurate.

Didnt beat the MWS for the Brit contract for any of the above mentioned things
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:41:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 5:11:40 AM EST by cetane]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top