Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 7:35:13 PM EDT
O.K. I got my first build under my belt. Mega stripped lower and a 20" E2 kit from M&A. Went together without a hitch. Now for my second lower I want to use a mega flat top upper and build the whole rifle myself.
The rifle I just built is my brothers. I own a Bushmaster M4. I want a target quality rifle. At least one within a reasonable budget. I am thinking a 20" stainless steel barrel, with full float handguards.  Do I need a two stage trigger. I will admit right off I don't know just what that is. How are they different? I am familiar with set triggers. I am also familiar with triggers like Bold and Timney on regular hunting rifles. I have both. I have access to all the tools needed so that is not a problem.
I just need to get my parts list together so I can start buying the parts. I figure that will be half the fun. So please give me ideas.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p6b36b80306374167922aa84d9cd3f668/fc4790e3.jpg[/img]

ya want sumthing diff. build one like this..lol
it is BUSHY superlight barrel, DPMS smooth side lo-pro upper, OLY lower, ACE stock.

also, a 2 stage trigger is when ya set it and then ya have a 2nd stage of it that is like a hair trigger, ya basically taking all the TAKE UP outa the trigger and giving yourself a pause. i have had very limited practice with a 2 stage on an AR, and i cant say im a big fan of it, i suppose its good for bench match shooting. so dunno, sum ppl praise the 2 stage, i think a normal trigger with a good trigger job should surfice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The 2 stage triggers do make a difference...stock triggers can range from bad to horrid hehehe...not much else.  

My Armalite 2 stage is great, and even though I've tweaked all my other rifles with either lower power springs, or cutting one leg off and bending the trigger spring as per the "15 minute trigger job", they're only passable.  

If I had enough money, I'd send away for 4 of the RRA match triggers.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top