Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 3:51:56 PM EDT
Hey,
I would like a two point sling that fits my RRA AR15 factory mounting points. Most slings that I see are either one point, two points, are expensive or don't clearly say what they are, like the ones on the RRA website.

The mounting points are under the front sight and at the end of the stock as seen here:

http://rockriverarms.com/slider/images/01.png

I would like something that's < $30 if possible.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Proctor sling my next sling.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure that "if it doesn't say," then it's a standard two point sling that fits the standard mounts.  Pretty much you have to look hard to NOT find something that fits.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Here's my carbine, note take a look at how I mount the rear of my sling to my standard M4 buttstock horizontal slot sling mount (mine shown is not a Boonie Packer sling, it is a more expensive Vickers VCAS two point sling).

I would recommend not using the sling mount under the front sight and under the buttstock, they're just for carrying the carbine and does not work very well for tactical sling use.

You need to get the RRA item # AR0161 side mount sling swivel and mount your sling there and like the one on my picture on the rear slot sling mount on the buttstock.

I also would recommend removing the sling mount under the front sight and under the buttstock, they're not being used so better to remove them from your carbine and also so it won't snag on things.

Plenty of members here recommends the Boonie Packer 2P-TQA  1-1/4" two point sling (you also need to order the optional M4 Kit +$4) priced at $19.95 (with noted M4 Kit grand total of $23.95, this will be my next sling on my RRA 9mm A4 carbine.

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=26

Boonie Packer rear sling installation instructions - vid link

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's my carbine, note take a look at how I mount the rear of my sling to my standard M4 buttstock horizontal slot sling mount (mine shown is not a Boonie Packer sling, it is a more expensive Vickers VCAS two point sling).

I would recommend not using the sling mount under the front sight and under the buttstock, they're just for carrying the carbine and does not work very well for tactical sling use.

You need to get the RRA item # AR0161 side mount sling swivel and mount your sling there and like the one on my picture on the rear slot sling mount on the buttstock.

I also would recommend removing the sling mount under the front sight and under the buttstock, they're not being used so better to remove them from your carbine and also so it won't snag on things.

Plenty of members here recommends the Boonie Packer 2P-TQA  1-1/4" two point sling (you also need to order the optional M4 Kit +$4) priced at $19.95 (with noted M4 Kit grand total of $23.95, this will be my next sling on my RRA 9mm A4 carbine.
View Quote

Thanks for the info and the links. That explains a lot. I wasn't able to find one example of somebody using the factory mounts. I guess that's why! Thanks again!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top