Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2003 4:59:24 PM EDT
What are your suggesstions as far as quick detach rear sling mounts go for a lefty? I see options from KAC and GG&G (which is what I have on front). Are the any benefits or negatives to mounting on the collapsable stock vs. just behind the reciever? Onbviously if the mount is one the stock the sling length changes, but I am not too concerned about that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:11:38 AM EDT
I just install the Knights M-4 Ambi Sling Swivel on my lowers (with collapsible stocks). Yes, this is the one that mounts on the buffer tube right near the receiver. I went with this model vs. the other one that KAC makes (it mounts on the lower rear of the stock) because I didn't want to mount metal to plastic (albeit tough plastic). Metal to metal makes more sense to me. Also, if you want to use a single point sling (which I do), then attaching a SP sling at the end of the receiver is pretty much a necessity as far as I can tell. I can't see mounting it a the end of the stock. For me, I do prefer to have the sling length stay the same regardless of how far the stock is extended.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:22:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Matt_B: I just install the Knights M-4 Ambi Sling Swivel on my lowers (with collapsible stocks). Yes, this is the one that mounts on the buffer tube right near the receiver. I went with this model vs. the other one that KAC makes (it mounts on the lower rear of the stock) because I didn't want to mount metal to plastic (albeit tough plastic). Metal to metal makes more sense to me. Also, if you want to use a single point sling (which I do), then attaching a SP sling at the end of the receiver is pretty much a necessity as far as I can tell. I can't see mounting it a the end of the stock. For me, I do prefer to have the sling length stay the same regardless of how far the stock is extended.
View Quote
I went the same route, because I installed a SureFire 500A, and had no other good option for a sling. Everything I looked at except the single-point slings got in the the way of the main lamp or the nav lights on the SF. Since I too am left-handed, I liked the option of converting the rifle back to a right-hand configuration by just switching the sling to the other side. With the CQB Solutions HST sling, the KAC ambi mount works very well for me....YMMV. I tried the GG&G single-point adapter, but I ended up with the KAC, & have been very satisfied with it.....
Top Top