User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 2:43:46 PM EDT
looking for an LMT :

1/7 twist
A3 carry handle
16" barrel with Birdcage FS

anyone carry these ?

Im looking for a COMPLETE upper

also, anyone carry a 14.5" with a phantom FS to bring it to legal length ?

i just dont know where to get one, who sells them ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Just sent ya an email

thanks for response
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
LMT has no A3 carry handle. Your better off with a BUIS instead anyway and thats why I wanted their upper... no useless parts like the A3 carry handle.  Upper is $485 minimum advertised price but you can get things included for free like shipping, flash hider, hand guards, FF rail install or charging handle.  I suggest a Colt M16 bolt and carrier over the LMT unit as its usually within $10 or so of the LMT price.  If you want the LMT "enhanced bolt its considerably more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
does anyone permanently attatch the FS to the LMT barrels? I need one permanent to meet the legal specs here in CT.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, is only a 14.5: barrel that need the FS to be permanent to equal the legal 16" limit? and a regular 16" barrel can accept a non permanent FS and still be legal...

Anyone know off the top of their head ? Im in Connecticut, and i know we have a few extra BS laws to get around.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask the dealers that stock the LMT gear, if they can't, I believe ADCO will do it for you.

Edit:

Actually, is only a 14.5: barrel that need the FS to be permanent to equal the legal 16" limit? and a regular 16" barrel can accept a non permanent FS and still be legal...

That is correct.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Doc, but i might be wrong about needing it permanent on a 16" barrel, and if i go with a 16" barrel, then that would mean i could still pick it up from you when i get all the $$ i need. If the other things i listed were ok.

Just gotta find out whats what, so i dont break the law and go bye bye.

EDIT- Ok, could you shoot me a price via email regarding a ...

16", 1/7 twist, chrome lined, M4 feed ramps, M4 profile, A2 birdcage FS upper complete with bolt & carrier?

I have handguards, so i need the rest of the upper.

Thanks for the info,
Craig

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks Doc, but i might be wrong about needing it permanent on a 16" barrel, and if i go with a 16" barrel, then that would mean i could still pick it up from you when i get all the $$ i need. If the other things i listed were ok.

You can't put a flash hider or flash suppressor (spelling?) on a AR in CT. It doesn't matter if it is perm or not perm. Unless you  own a preban lower (pre 94'). Then you could do what ever you want as long as the barrel is 16" or more. If you have a 14.5" with a non perm Flash hider you will need to register it as a SBR (CLEO signed paperwork, tax stamp,...)

Correct  me if I am wrong.....

Best thing to do is contact the CT DPS or state police.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't put a flash hider or flash suppressor (spelling?) on a AR in CT. It doesn't matter if it is perm or not perm. Unless you  own a preban lower (pre 94'). Then you could do what ever you want as long as the barrel is 16" or more. If you have a 14.5" with a non perm Flash hider you will need to register it as a SBR (CLEO signed paperwork, tax stamp,...)

Correct  me if I am wrong.....

Best thing to do is contact the CT DPS or state police.

I own a preban, so im all set.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
you should be all set.

I have a bushy and a pwa pre-ban so I am covered too. I am going to be contacting ADCO firearms in Ohio to do some work on my m4 upper (evil features). I have heard nothing but good things about them.

I am also going to look into an 18" custom upper from them. need to save some more money
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Never heard of ADCO, who are they? what do they do?

EDIT: they have a web site ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
redrumnine,

here is the link to ADCO's shop services page:
http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices.cfm

they also have their own forum in the industry forum. You can see pictures of their custom rifles and read some feedback.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Awsome, thanks much !
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Also ask Denny's Guns in the EE section if they will add one for you.  You will get a better deal if you get it all from one person (upper and flash hider installed)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Ill check him out devl, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
LMT does make and sell their carryhandle   part#L8B   $108.00
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:53:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
LMT does make and sell their carryhandle   part#L8B   $108.00

Is it marked LMT like everything else they make?  I have never seen an LMT carry handle.  You sure its made by LMT?  Never knew that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:01:41 AM EDT
[#18]

wrong forum/discussion
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

wrong forum/discussion

The guy is asking about a complete upper in the rifles, upper, barrels and more section... how is that the wrong forum?  My one comment on the carry handle being available with an LMT upper?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Talk to Denny at www.globaltactical.com (aka Dennysguns here on arfcom).
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I actually would like to pick up a carry handle eventually, just to have one. And it would be pretty cool if i could get an LMT one if available.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#22]
It seems like everybody is sold out of LMT 14.5" uppers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#23]
from what I understand its gonna be a couple months until the new ones are in....

sucks for me cuz I'm waiting on a replacement for one that had a problem.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#24]
6-8 weeks is what I was told.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Call Paul at BravoCompany. www.bravocompanyusa.com

Also check with Grant at G&R Tactical. I don't know his inventory situation on M4 uppers, but I know he has MRP's in stock.

I talked to LMT 2 weeks ago, and they said that Bravo Company should be getting a shipment at the end of January. Bravo Company supposedly has a large backorder log with LMT.

At least that is what they told me. YMMV

Tack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top