Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 7:49:15 AM EDT
Whats a good bi-pod adaptor thats relativly low profile, I want something thats going to keep the bi-pod as close to the rail as possible.
Thanks for any help guys
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a KAC that's pretty low-profile, but I really don't have anything to compare it to.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
A sling stud works for me with my BRM-S, it don't get much lower.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've got a KAC that's pretty low-profile, but I really don't have anything to compare it to.

Will check it out. Thanks.

The rifle it will be for is going to have a YHM lightweight railed forearm on it. I was thinking of just putting a stud in up front where they have the place for a sling stud, but than I realised that if I did that the bi-pod actually would only be like half on the rail and i don't think that would be to good to have.(putting a rifle length rail on a carbine.)
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The rifle it will be for is going to have a YHM lightweight railed forearm on it. I was thinking of just putting a stud in up front where they have the place for a sling stud, but than I realised that if I did that the bi-pod actually would only be like half on the rail and i don't think that would be to good to have.(putting a rifle length rail on a carbine.)

Hmmmm, I just bought one of the 12" YHM lite-weight forends today and ordered the stud along with it, as I intend to replace the heavy aluminum forend on my CR6724.

Are ya saying the stud sets so close to the end of the forend that the BRM-S will hang over? (sorry I see it and read it just want to be sure)

Guess I'll be drillin another hole for a new bipod mounting stud for my YHM railed forend before I even get it installed.

Thanks for the heads up....
Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmm, I just bought one of the 12" YHM lite-weight forends today and ordered the stud along with it, as I intend to replace the heavy aluminum forend on my CR6724.

Are ya saying the stud sets so close to the end of the forend that the BRM-S will hang over? (sorry I see it and read it just want to be sure)

Guess I'll be drillin another hole for a new bipod mounting stud for my YHM railed forend before I even get it installed.

Thanks for the heads up....
Mike

Mike thats what it looks like to me. I haven't seen one up close though, and the pics I've seen are on the YHM website and don't show to well. But the way it looks if you put the stud on it and attached the bi-pod it looks like it would sit half on the rail half off. Maybe somone who has one could answer better though.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
is this the one you mean? It actually looks better on my computer than at work. i tought it was bigger than it looks here. I may just go that route.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
It is my rifle Jason is talking about.  I will take a pic of it tonight when I get to work and show you guys.  I got all the parts from JTAC.  It is one of his SPR uppers using the YHM lightweight handguards and the YHM bipod adaptor.  The adaptor slides on and you tighten it down with two allen bolts.  It was real cheap too so get one from JTAC and you can always upgrade if you decide you want the ARMS or the LaRue throw lever when it comes out.  I never take the harris off my SPR so I went with this mount and like it.  Check back around 11 pm or so and I'll get one up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It is my rifle Jason is talking about.  I will take a pic of it tonight when I get to work and show you guys.  I got all the parts from JTAC.  It is one of his SPR uppers using the YHM lightweight handguards and the YHM bipod adaptor.  The adaptor slides on and you tighten it down with two allen bolts.  It was real cheap too so get one from JTAC and you can always upgrade if you decide you want the ARMS or the LaRue throw lever when it comes out.  I never take the harris off my SPR so I went with this mount and like it.  Check back around 11 pm or so and I'll get one up.

Coll that would be much apreciated. I'm in the process of getting parts for upgrading a rifle and it's going to be SPRish. Still trying to figure out what exactly to do about  the barrel though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hope this is OK, but I had some pics ready to post.  This is a BM 20" HBAR with a YHM rifle-length FF rail, the YHM bipod adapter, and a Harris swivel 9-13" bipod with a Pod-loc.  I've resized the pics for posting here, but have included links to the bigger pics at the bottom of the post.  HTH.

Links to larger pics:
Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I guess I'll go ahead and post mine too.....

Another one....

I'm getting good at this picture posting stuff  JTAC Supply
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll go with the YHM adaptor. It sits low enough for what I want. and I don;t plan on taking the bipod off the gun so a trowlever mount isn;t needed. Thanks again guys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#13]
You know, looking at these pictures, it seems like I've got the YHM adapter mounted 180 degrees backwards on the rail.  Mine's mounted the same way as shown on YHM's Web page (with the groove of the adapter on the left of the rifle), but it sure looks wrong.  Think I'll flip it around to see if the ends of the bipod line up with the ends of the adapter.

Maverick, thanks for posting your pics too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad I could help.  I noticed that in your pics we had them swiched but I didn't noticed that the bipod set back a little bit on yours.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the YHM adapter on my YHM LW rails.  Works very well, IMO.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:00:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Glad I could help.  I noticed that in your pics we had them swiched but I didn't noticed that the bipod set back a little bit on yours.

I switched the adapter around last night & it fits correctly now.  The ends of the bipod now line up nicely with the ends of the adapter.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top