Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2007 8:44:01 AM EDT
I've got an AR with a scope mounted on the carry handle, and it won't fit in any case I've got unless I take the scope off.  Anybody know if I can pick up one cheap somewhere?  It doesn't necessarily have to be designed for a rifle as long as it works.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got an AR with a scope mounted on the carry handle, and it won't fit in any case I've got unless I take the scope off.  Anybody know if I can pick up one cheap somewhere?  It doesn't necessarily have to be designed for a rifle as long as it works.

Hard case or soft?  What is the overall length of your rifle?

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Whichever's cheaper, it doesn't matter.  I have a 16" with a collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Whichever's cheaper, it doesn't matter.  I have a 16" with a collapsible stock.

Tac Force makes a good case for the money...soft case.  I like their discreet cases.

I went with a hard case that I picked up for around $55 at Academy...inside dimensions are just under 36"x11.5".  It came with egg-crate foam on the top and bottom.  I modified the bottom just a bit ($12 for some GI sleeping mats)so I could get a few access. in it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang, that looks fancy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks...I was very pleased with how it turned out.  Now all I need is my can to fit and I'll be set.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top