Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 4:58:04 AM EDT
have a stainless bbl.

What gives? Why are they all stainless?

Does anyone have any suppliers of blacked or blued?

TIA.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
At one time, I had an Olympic 16" bull barrel that was black.  I believe it was oxide coated stainless steel, though, not chrome moly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
have a stainless bbl.

TIA.

If you're just turned off by the "flash" of stainless.....you can always have it duracoated/NMR coated whatever color you want....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
have a stainless bbl.

TIA.

If you're just turned off by the "flash" of stainless.....you can always have it duracoated/NMR coated whatever color you want....

Thats part of it. I have no desire for shine. I called a dealer in SGN, he told me to take it to a pizza place and have them bake some kind of paint on it.

Then I started thinking, I can not be the only one who wants no flash and shine, someone has got to make one. Fluted would be nice....

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
You could get it beadblasted to dull the finish.  I would just use duracoat or norrell's moly resin.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Ziti:  

Yes !!  There are some " Blackeners" you can get. Try caswellplating .com
     Search their website for SS Blackeners. It will get you a page for various metals.
      Look through the list to find one for SS. I think the kit for this is like $38.00
      There was a thread on this earlier, & I think the person talking about it said it had
      pretty good durability.
                                              Hope this helps!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
KG Kote, Norrells or Lauer.  No shine, still have the benefits of a stainless barrel.

J

+1
I am in the process of doing mine. As soon as get the barrel removed. I will be using Norrells. I have had great luck with it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Oly Arms has bull barrels in SS that are back oxide coated.  The look of the finish is pretty much the same as parkerized CrMo barrels.  The SUM bull barrels are broach cut an are excelent performers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Bushy makes 24" v-match uppers and the varminter upper that use carbon steel barrels.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the reply's! I will look into B. CO's site.

Thanks!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top