Need:

30rd USGI
20rd USGI
10rd Steel
-5rd Steel

Thanks...
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
*Still* looking for the 20 and 30rd blueprints, any help? I think I now have the BP's for the 10 or 5rd mags.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
just so you know, making a high capacity magazine out of raw materials or other post ban mags, is a felony.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW I have ammassed a pretty good collection of different gun blueprints, and patent specs. If anyone is looking for gun prints, give me a IMmail.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
just so you know, making a high capacity magazine out of raw materials or other post ban mags, is a felony.
View Quote

Seems like just about everything is a felony offense or a terrorist act these days isn't it?
Next time, don't bother pointing out the legality of somthing, lets just assume that it's all illegal, since it's going that way anyway.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Knowledge is not illegal (yet).
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't mind having prints on the 20 & 30 rounder's also , come in handy to ck the specs on mag's before you buy them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Making a new hi cap would not be legal, but you are allowed to make and use replacement parts.

FB
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#8]
[i]Someone[/i] is manufacturing mags for the LEO/GOV market.  legally, eh?  It would be nice to have the mag specs before bidding on a contract.

A Freedom of Information Act request might get complete specs for 30rd mags, including dimensions, material, heat treatment, and finishing details for all the mag parts.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm looking for the complete tooling for USGI mag production.

I'm not going to run the process, I just want the machinery!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Id be interested in blueprints too. They make great "posters".
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
A 20 round steel box mag would be easy to make out of sheet metal, but illegal for now. The 30 round mags would be impossable because they are curved. Just my .02
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#12]
The tooling for USGI magazines is in the possession of the company that is the current contractor for those magazines.

The tooling for GI magazines is actually government property, and as the contract shifts from one manufacturer to the next, the tooling is transferred to the new contractor.

Or so I've heard.

CJ
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top