Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2007 7:49:52 AM EDT
I can not for the life of me find a site where I can get a standard A3 flattop kit for a CAR and have the option of midlength free float handguards for more rail space.  

I want to get a low profile gas block and the aforementioned handguards for more room if and when I attach a surefire to go along with other attachments.  I don't want it to be cramped with gagdetry, but can only find the option of Carbine length guards for Carbine Kits.  Should I just shoot Del-ton or J&T an email or phone call to see if I can request such a thing or is there some place you already know of that offers such options?  Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

BTW, this will be my first AR build, but I am already addicted to the accursed black rifles.  Oh well, what's a military firearm enthusiest to do?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The complete parts kits from mapartsinc.com have many options. I did a quick search and found this.

http://www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1304

Says it can be for a CAR or ML.
"select this as a substitution and we'll install the YHM 4 Rail Free Float Handguard appropriate for your CAR or MidLength unit."

hope it helps.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top