Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2003 7:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2003 7:21:13 PM EDT by smokycity]
I have a Colt SP1 Carbine (R6001). I don't want to alter the original upper on it, but I want a upper that has the forward assist. Does anyone know of any companies that make A1 style, large hole, Colt gray finish uppers? I know Bushamaster makes a A1 upper receiver, do they make a complete A1 upper already assembled? I can't find it on their website if they do. I want it to be similar to the Gvt Carbine upper (6520) except I want it w/A1 sights.

I have seen the surplus 20inch A1 uppers that are out ther now, and that is what I'm looking for as far as the reciever, but I need it in a 16inch barrel. My next idea would be to get one of those receivers and build my own upper. But I think that would be more of a pain than its worth if someone already sells a built one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:45:48 PM EDT
You wont find a grey A1 upper thats not used. Daniel Defense has a large hole flat top upper for Colts that is grey but noone else makes grey uppers I know of. They all go with current milspec black.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:45:33 AM EDT
Smoky -- You're going to need lots of patience finding a XM16E1/M16A1 upper receiver by itself. Quickest way is to get the whole upper (from SARCO for example) and see if you can interest anyone in the barrel and internals. These uppers haven't been made is roughly 30 years, so ain't in real good supply. Even I can change a barrel. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:45:52 PM EDT
Or you can do what I do; haunt the shows until you find one. If you luck out like I did last year, you might even find a large hole A1 type, off a laer Colt Sporter that someone had pulled to put an A2 type upper on. Color even matched my SP1 lower perfectly. In the past year and a half, I've found GI surp original M16 (no FA) and M16A1 with FA uppers, as well as the large hole commercial upper mentioned above, all at shows. The trick is to be patient, and not get PO'd if any specific show doesn't have what your're after.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:35:07 PM EDT
Thanks for the info gents. After wandering around the internet for a while on places like guns-america and gun-broker.com, I think what I am looking for is a upper off a Sporter-2, or a Sporter Lightweight from the transition period back in the 80's to the A2 series. Like Shamayin said I probably just need to hunt a few gun shows for one that someone took off their gun to make a M4orgery. I'm not concerned about the brass deflector, more interested in the large pivot pin.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:25:51 PM EDT
Try this: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/arsp1upnewco.html Regards, Sharps
Top Top