Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 7:00:08 PM EDT
My CDNN order came in today, 4 business days after ordering!

Pictures aren't the best but I really like what I got.  Order in today for an Essential Arms Colt grey lower.  It will have to tide me over until I get someting in actual A1 configuration.

www.cdnninvestments.com/arsp1upnewco.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't they nice?!

I've got 40 rds through mine. Then the weather changed and it's been muddy ever since.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
All right thats it I am placing my order today.

Where did you get the bolt? Or did you just have three lying around like every one else?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:21:32 AM EDT
[#3]
what are those costing?

I would not mind a nice A1 upper, especially as I could get a reciver easily enough
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
379.00 TO YOUR DOOR

NO BOLT, CARRIER, OR CHARGE HANDLE

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b332/kopfjaeger762/m16a12.jpg

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b332/kopfjaeger762/m16a1.jpg

Pictures aren't the best but I really like what I got.  Order in today for an Essential Arms Colt grey lower.  It will have to tide me over until I get someting in actual A1 configuration.

The Essential Arms forged lower in gray will not match your cdnn upper. The lower is lighter in color than your upper. I ended up having to refinish my EA lower to get a closer match.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b332/kopfjaeger762/m16a12.jpg

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b332/kopfjaeger762/m16a1.jpg

The Essential Arms forged lower in gray will not match your cdnn upper. The lower is lighter in color than your upper. I ended up having to refinish my EA lower to get a closer match.

...  Oh well, its only money!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
$350.00 dollars , Crap, I got one thats been untouched in my safe for years. Free!

Although it doesn't have the triangle hand-guards.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
can you just purchase any bolt, carrier, and charging handle, pop them in, and then shoot it?

or do you need to check for the correct headspace and make adjustments etc?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]
As said, these are new. So you can pop in any new bolt and 99.999% of the time not worry about the headspace. It's still recommended on the off chance something is out of spec, but I pulled the bolt and carrier assembly out of the M16/SP1 clone I built last year (with about 500rds through it) and used it in my M16A1 upper. I don't have headspace gauges yet, so I fired a single round and inspected the brass (well, steel...it was Wolf), no problems. So I single loaded and fired 4 more rounds. Still no problems. So I single loaded and fired 5 rounds of XM193. Still no problems. I'm satisfied. I'll put a new chrome and notchless bolt/carrier in the other rifle.

And yes, anybodies bolt, carrier and charging handle will fit and function. Last year I bought two of Rock River b/c/ch sets from RBPrecision because they had a sell on them. Go with a quality part and you won't have any problems.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#10]
poor mans headspace gauage is a 5.56 round with 2 pieces of making tape on the base of the brass.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
poor mans headspace gauage is a 5.56 round with 2 pieces of making tape on the base of the brass.

How does that work?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As said, these are new. So you can pop in any new bolt and 99.999% of the time not worry about the headspace. It's still recommended on the off chance something is out of spec, but I pulled the bolt and carrier assembly out of the M16/SP1 clone I built last year (with about 500rds through it) and used it in my M16A1 upper. I don't have headspace gauges yet, so I fired a single round and inspected the brass (well, steel...it was Wolf), no problems. So I single loaded and fired 4 more rounds. Still no problems. So I single loaded and fired 5 rounds of XM193. Still no problems. I'm satisfied. I'll put a new chrome and notchless bolt/carrier in the other rifle.

And yes, anybodies bolt, carrier and charging handle will fit and function. Last year I bought two of Rock River b/c/ch sets from RBPrecision because they had a sell on them. Go with a quality part and you won't have any problems.

Hey Bob,

Thanks for explaining it. Good info.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:50:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Day five.  Hope it shows up

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Newb question...how does this cost compare to other man. parts?  Is this a good deal, great deal, or "why the hell haven't you ordered 50 yet," deal?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Newb question...how does this cost compare to other man. parts?  Is this a good deal, great deal, or "why the hell haven't you ordered 50 yet," deal?

They are (were)made by Colt.
Produced at the same time (1970s) and virtually made to the same specs as
what they sold to the US Govt.

It's a VERY good deal if you want to put together a retro M16 "clone"
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Carphunter, the price is pretty fair on these uppers. You may still be able to build a cheaper AR elsewhere, but these are new or like new ~30 year old uppers that have been out of production for nearly 20 years now. If you want to build an M16A1 clone you will not be able to piece one together for less than the price of these kits.

So you really should be buying at least one and maybe more if you can swing it. Especially if you like the older style rifles.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Day five.  Hope it shows up

h.gif

ordered mine on thursday and it arrived on monday..  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

yep... "why the hell haven't you ordered 50 yet,"  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:16 AM EDT
[#19]
"The Essential Arms forged lower in gray will not match your cdnn upper. The lower is lighter in color than your upper. I ended up having to refinish my EA lower to get a closer match."
neverenuf,
I would like to do the same to my lower but do not know what color would match the SP1 upper.
Would you mind posting what you used and the color?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Dont mean to change the topic but has anyone ordered the Sarco M16 kit? after the M16A1 comes in I think this is my next purchace for the BRD.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top