Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2010 12:10:15 PM EDT

Got the funds to upgrade my AR, so Im adding everything up. Here's what I got so far, anything else I should consider?

I just need to decide on an optic. Im thinking either Trijicon, but not sure which model.

Here's the rifle it's all going on:

BCM upper, Spike's lower.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a good weapon light and mount.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If it were me...

I'd ditch the UBR and roll an emod/imod

The flash suppressor comp is cool, but a2 would work for me.

I would also wait to see what the MOE midlengths feel like, I think the rail is real nice, but I just don't have that much going on my rifle.

Save both those and get an aimpoint.

IMHO.

Edited to say, It is all really nice gear.

The GF charging handle alone, plus a miad, oooweee, I think you are gonna fall back in love with your rifle.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The only (nit-picky) thing that jumps out at me is that I prefer the HK style Troy front folding sight over the AR style.

That said, both sights are identical in quality-so it really comes down to personal preference

Here's one of mine:

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you've got quality stuff in there. Go for it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a excellent list, but why not FDE Pmags?

I'd also go with a ACS vs UBR and spent that $150 on a weapon light. If you watch the EE you might just find a M600 for that.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I see a few things I personally wouln't do but they are interface related not function related.  The one function related thing I wouln't do is a set screwed gas block.  I would (and have) shave your factory pinned block down and hit it with some high temp paint.  I'll take a pinned block over a set screwed or clamp on any day.

Quoted:
The only (nit-picky) thing that jumps out at me is that I prefer the HK style Troy front folding sight over the AR style.

I'll have to disagree with you on this rare occasion

A true HK style sight uses an adjustible rear and fixed front so the sight post is always centered in the circle.  With an AR the opposite happens.  If you end up having to crank your post up or down it throws off the circel on circle aiming.  But if you use a quality optic (ACOG or Aimpoint) the chance of those sights ever coming up is slim to none.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#7]
There's some thing's I'd change, but it's just personal preference.  I'd go either EOTech (XPS Series) or ACOG with Docter-type mini red-dot, depending on your use and budget.

You do need to add a good weapon light.  I'd go either Surefire with TNVC TX4 and adapter (crazy bright but pricey) or Primary Arms Ultimate Weapon Light (budget but really well-built and damn bright).
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Good picks. I, too would shave down the FSB instead of using a clamp on gas block. It's very easy to do with a dremel and more durable.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree with the comments about cutting the gas block yourself (save $56) and the HK front sight.  It's really a lot quicker to line up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top