Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:32:43 PM EST
I don't see these much anymore. I would think this is ok to run, since its period correct(?). I used it on my SP1 for most of the last 36yrs since its noticeably fatter..at least. Figure I can handle it better then the A1... Anyway, here it is. What say-eth the Hive.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:36:42 PM EST
I want a whole LSO Carbine set of furnature, you won't get bashed for any LSO furnature. Magpul is another story.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:42:41 PM EST
Awesome.

I also have the 20" A1 hand guard set, having never ever used them. After getting them way back then, I didn't like they way they looked. That was right around when the A2s came out, and the pattern on the HGs wasn't the same.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:45:26 PM EST
LSO is GTG

the rifle furniture was originally designed to "update" the look of the pre A2 stuff
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:14:33 PM EST
IDF really like the stowaway grips.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:01:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 4:04:33 PM EST by HipSh0T]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By boywonder777:
View Quote

I have a brand new LSO Grip on my IDF clone, it looks a lot like the grip pictured on the left but darker black, it's Matte Black but not that ugly dull color. I think the LSO 6 hole HGS IMO are the next best choice if you can't find/afford Colts.

ETA - Did LSO make stocks? CAR or A2, etc. ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:34:36 PM EST
I loved those grips.

Knew where to get them anymore?

A1 grips would be great.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:08:47 PM EST
I bought a LSO grip that didn't have the grip screw or selector detent holes, I had to drill both of them. I also found a set of LSO carbine grips I didn't know I had. Did LSO make buttstocks?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:21:36 PM EST
I have a lonestar set on a transitional a1 to a2 rifle, and a set on a carbine, but can't like the grip.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:53:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By Arbiter:
I loved those grips.

Knew where to get them anymore?

A1 grips would be great.

View Quote

e-gunparts.com AKA Numrich...... The A2 style grip kinda sucks but A1 Grip is great.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:08:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

I have a brand new LSO Grip on my IDF clone, it looks a lot like the grip pictured on the left but darker black, it's Matte Black but not that ugly dull color. I think the LSO 6 hole HGS IMO are the next best choice if you can't find/afford Colts.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

you should check out the old 6 hole RRA carbine HG's, they are much better than the LSO's
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:31:44 PM EST
I love the LSO grip... it fit my hand better than the standard A2 grip i was issued 87-93.
Might explain why i love the MIAD with either the rounded or fat backstraps on em.
I wound up buying 4 or 5 of the LSO's and put them on my issued rifles... lost 2 that way
have 3 left... 2 on rifles and 1 with a broken door lock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:57:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By crackedcornish:

you should check out the old 6 hole RRA carbine HG's, they are much better than the LSO's
View All Quotes

+1, LSO makes a quality handguard but it's a little shiny. i can spot a LSO a little easier than i can spot a RRA.

LSO never made any stocks as far as i know.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:43:51 PM EST

+1, LSO makes a quality handguard but it's a little shiny. i can spot a LSO a little easier than i can spot a RRA.

View All Quotes

Any of you guys have an old set of RRA 6 Holes and a set of Colts ? I'd like you to put them side by side and lemme see if I can guess which are the originals
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:02:37 PM EST
It's not a "retro" gun, but I like the LSO A1 grip:

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:19:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/ChrisV196/ARF%20junk/20140728_164219_zps2otghqud.jpg
View Quote

The LSO A1 Grip on your Carbine is the same Dark Black as the one on my IDF Carbine, I think it was brand new just not inside of the package. Yours appears to e New/Newish as well, where did you score that one? The Numrich ones have been faded like the one in the OP's picture for the most part. They still sell well for me when I put groups of them up for sale in my M16A1Grip Ad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:55:26 PM EST
I have an A2 LSO grip on my M4 and love it. Found it at a local Gunsmith shop last year for $10.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:01:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 12:02:24 AM EST by Lumpy196]

The LSO A1 Grip on your Carbine is the same Dark Black as the one on my IDF Carbine, I think it was brand new just not inside of the package. Yours appears to e New/Newish as well, where did you score that one? The Numrich ones have been faded like the one in the OP's picture for the most part. They still sell well for me when I put groups of them up for sale in my M16A1Grip Ad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/ChrisV196/ARF%20junk/20140728_164219_zps2otghqud.jpg

Actually, mine is an almost frosty very dark gray, with some shine from wear. I'll see if I can take a good pic tomorrow.

I scored it off ebay a year or two ago. Under $15 if I recall.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:23:35 AM EST

Any of you guys have an old set of RRA 6 Holes and a set of Colts ? I'd like you to put them side by side and lemme see if I can guess which are the originals
View All Quotes

I could be wrong but LSOs carbine HGs look more like old Bushmaster HGs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:46:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 10:47:40 AM EST by crackedcornish]

View All Quotes

page 3, about 3/4 of the way down

and they just have a quality feel to them that the LSO's are lacking
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:03:47 AM EST
I scored a bunch of these new in the package in a bargain bin at a gun shop for $5ea.
Top Top