Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:53:30 AM EDT
I installed this FF HG (link), but I'm not sure friction from the lock ring will be enough to keep the tube from turning.  If I use lock-tite, which one and how do I break it loose if needed in the future?  

I replaced a 20 inch heavy barrel and standard HGs with a govt. profile 20 inch barrel and the FF HG.  The rifle feels much handier now.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I would use Blue Loc-Tite. Use a strap wrench to break it down in the future. Charles.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
If the treads are very fine, use purple loctite.  It is lower strength than blue.  Degrease with alcohol first.  

It is not really necessary though.  It will hold without it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL  Sell it and buy a JP Tube.        no really  you prolly wont need it since it has the lockring,  

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top