Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 4:24:23 PM EDT

Sorry for the size and clarity, but I thought you might want to read it.  This is even a conservative portion of America and still they are misinformed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You should read the Times Picayune...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Any other good articles I should read?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The press really does pull these statistics out of their asses......don't they?  2/3 of Americans support the AWB..........suuuuuuuure they do
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The press really does pull these statistics out of their asses......don't they?  2/3 of Americans support the AWB..........suuuuuuuure they do

Yeah, I saw that and...  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a couple of links to the B.S. in the Times-Picayune (New Orleans)

http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-0/109470993026310.xml?nola

http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/109470802923440.xml?nola
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
That's an AP article, all the Omaha World Herald did was print it.  Notice there is no name on the byline.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no name on the byline because the jack ass who wrote it fears the same thing anti gun politicians do.....an organized grass roots effort to toss them out of their jobs on their ass.If you beleive in something and have broad support why be afraid to put your name on it,that shows where its coming from.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Really, I hear that 2/3 of all Americans support the ban all the time.  They've been quoting that stat for years.  
this leads me to two questions:

Where the hell did that number come from in the first place?
                                      and
How many people that support it actually know what it does?

I can't wait til next week when there's no rise in crime, thousands of cops don't die, and children don't come home with uzis they bought on the street.  What are the antis gonna say then????
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard it was 90% from what some Brady Bill guy says
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in Omaha and saw that article. Those here are just as misinformed as the rest of the populace. But..... Our Sheriff is C3 friendly!!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in Council Bluffs, Iowa, which is just across the river.  I have a friend who knows nothing of guns and the such, but he told me that the AWB was going to end, which I already knew.  He said he thought it was a bad thing for it to end because anyone could buy a full-auto AK, UZI, M16 ect.  I laughed at him and explained, he changed his mind on the AWB.  I told him about  the bayonet situation and joked about drive by bayonetings and he couldn't decide if I was kidding or not.  

I am willing to inform all who have been mislead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
sorry i was mad at the press
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:47:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I think they take these polls in areas like NYC  and LA where these people have never been exposed to firearms let alone know the difference between an assault weapon and a sporting rifle!  

Have any of us ever been contacted by anyone conducting one of these polls?  I have not!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top