Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 4:55:52 PM EDT
Took my new RRA out today to the loca outdoor range. This is the first i had shoot it. I bought it without a rear sight so i was waiting on a YHM flip sight. Modifications done to the rifle were:

YHM rear flip A2 sight from
Magpul MIAD grip
Guarder Tango Down VFG knockoff

Temperture was about 25 degrees today with slightly cloudy skies.
Ranges were 25,50 yards

I fired it for reliabity first and did some rapid fire drills like double taps to the chest and one to the head for awhile to break it in after i saw it hit point of aim at 25 yards. No malfunctions after 200 rounds except for a magazine related failure to feed of the last round. I liked the VFG and found the YHM sight easy to use and was really liking that it was dead on at 25 yards and didnt even need to be adjusted. I guess i got lucky?

At 50 yards i fied for accuracy being as my eyes dont cooperate out at 100 yards nowadays.  WWB 55gr FMJ was about 2-2.5 in.
Wolf 55 gr JHP game me a not so great 2.75-3.00 in.
Remington 55gr. FMJ was the best of the lot and gave me 1.5-2.00 inch groups.

Once again i experienced no malfunctions and rifle handled great. All in all i am very happy i picked up this rifle and have no reservatuons about recommending this company to anyone. The fit and finish is far better then my Bushmaster and better then DPMS and Armalites i have handled.

Hope this was readable and not annoying. I always wanted to write one of these down and i think al of us would be alot better off if we all typed something up really quick for the benefit of all on here. Thanks for checking this out. I will post pics of some of the targets and the rifle in its current form later on.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear you like the rifle, I just ordered my RRA entry tactical today from legal transfers from this site.h.gif
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Glad to hear you like the rifle, I just ordered my RRA entry tactical today from legal transfers from this site.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glad to hear you like the rifle, I just ordered my RRA entry tactical today from legal transfers from this site.h.gif

hr

Whats up with puking smiley. did you have a bad experience?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top