Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 5:46:11 AM EDT
I think I finially found some. I remmber a few posts from about a year ago and the opinion was that they were not being made.

www.batteries.com/productprofile.asp?detaildesc=false&appid=272416&searchid=272416

I wonder how long the rev "F" will run with these?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wonder how long the rev "F" will run with these?

Do you have a mAh rating on them?

Edited to Add:

I just was over on the Energizer.com website (they have loads of technical info there).  That product number doesn't come up, and the only N batteries they have listed are Alkaline.

I'd also like to point out that package CLEARLY states the batteries are good till 2004 - yet Lithiums are supposed to have a 10 year shelf life.  I also see no markings these are Lithiums (Energizer always marks if the batteries are Lithium when they also make an alkaline version) I see two posibilities:
1) These are outdated batteries, and the model is no longer produced

2) The batteries are so new Energizer doesn't have them on their website - yet these guys are using a picture of an older set of alkalines?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The package looks like regular N type to me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If you click on the picture, the blow-up of the package says "alakaline" on it.  If you click on the  "Tech Specs" tab, it states that the chemistry is alakaline. I'm thinking they got the description wrong.  

However, natez did say he saw some lithium "N" cells at Sportman's Warehouse in this thread.  So maybe they are out there. This is only one sighting and I have not seen any in my area, but hopefully they are out and available.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Take a look in the electronics section at walmart- I know they have lithium AA's and I believe that they also have N's... I will look this weekend when I'm there...

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know they have lithium AA's and I believe that they also have N's...

Energizer lists Lithium AAs and AAAs - but no Ns
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Are these 1/3N type batteries or just N type batteries which the 511 uses?  I have a store locally which carries lithium 1/3N type batteries for $3.99 each.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought they might have been mislabled, but with a price of over $6 I got my hopes up. I have sent an email to Batteries.Com for more info.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Sav-On Drugstore has them - 2 for <$5.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Radio Shack used to have rechargeable NIMH N cells but I know they were discontinued quite awhile back--thats what I use in my 551. They are good for 360Mha.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top