Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 6:44:58 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can buy the linked .223 ammo that has the tracer round every 4th or 5th round?  Someone on here used to sell it but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can buy the linked .223 ammo that has the tracer round every 4th or 5th round?  Someone on here used to sell it but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks

Someone here WAS selling it.  I bought it.  Ammo can with about 800 rounds, 4 greens, 1 orange, 4 greens, 1 orange.  I bought it primarily for the tracers, I am delinking it slowly.  He may still have some.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Someone here WAS selling it.  I bought it.  Ammo can with about 800 rounds, 4 greens, 1 orange, 4 greens, 1 orange.  I bought it primarily for the tracers, I am delinking it slowly.  He may still have some.....

That was the same plan that I had was to delink it for the tracers.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Tracers are commonly available without delinking SAW ammo.  

-- Chuck

www.ammoman.com/images/223RT1.jpg

What about M856, I haven't really been able to find them as easily.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't do all your research...

-- Chuck

I know that's what I am saying, it's not so easy to find.  I have been buying tracers for years and years.  Red is common, orange is not.  I definitely prefer orange and if it's anything close to military (which the linked stuff is), I try to buy it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I am assuming you want M856 with the orange tip rather than M196 with the red tip, right?  I have plenty right now but I'll keep a look out and if I find anything, I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am assuming you want M856 with the orange tip rather than M196 with the red tip, right?  I have plenty right now but I'll keep a look out and if I find anything, I'll let you know.

That is correct.  Thanks for keeping your eyes open for me, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#10]
J&G had the M855 (WCC 88) and the M856 (LC 88) in ~2001, I bought one can of it. Should have gotten more but by the time I tested it , it was all gone.  Some light tarnish.  Good stuff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top