Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2002 10:55:27 AM EDT
Hi Guys,
 I just finished building a 22 cal dedicated upper. I had a used barrel machicened by american-manufacture. The barrel was lined for 22 cal for $85 including S&H. I think this is a good option for people with a used (not chrome) barrel.
 My upper uses the CIENER kit and I have standard A1 iron sights. I hit 25 rounds in a 3 inch area at 75 feet standing with iron sights.

Here is the web sight for those interested.

http://american-manufacture.com/

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering when one of these would show up. it's not a bad idea for somebody that wants a good 22 rimfire upper without any real heavy expense. Not everybody needs target rifle accuracy to have fun. The last e-mail I got the fellow said a complete upper went for around $250 but that was about 8 months ago.

How long ago did you get the barrel made up?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
ak_ar_man,

Did you get an old shot-out barrel or was it supplied by American-Manufacturing? Was the cost of re-lining the barrel over and above the cost of the original AR/M16 barrel?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi Pops,
 No the barrel was not supplied by American-Manufacture. The barrel I bought used here online from another member. To line the barrel for 22 cal is $80 and I gave an additional $5 shipping and handling. So, not counting the cost of the barrel it cost me $90. Five dollar to ship to Mike, $80 to line, and five dollars to ship back to me.

Any used or shot out barrel for ar-15 will work as long as it is not chrome lined. Mike told me his tooling doesn't work on chrome barrels (too hard?). You don't have to worry about the tube being clogged, but you can't shoot .223s anymore with the barrel lined for 22 cal.

Next, I plan to scope it out and try to keep 25 rounds in the size of a quarter or half dollar at 75 feet with a bipod. Well, 75 feet is the max at the indoor range.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Ak_Ar-Man,

Found your post doing a search. Do you have an update on your barrel lined 22 upper? I am interested after reading your post and would love to hear your comments now that you have had it awhile. I have a Cliener (sp?)conversion unit (I believe that is what your using?).

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Did Mike extend the liner all way to rear and fit the chamber adapter so the adapter has basically a normal 22LR chamber, or does it still use the adapter with all that "freebore before the bullet hits the rifling?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top