Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/4/2003 1:45:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 6:31:01 PM EDT by armatt15]
Even after all the research, I'm still a bit ignorant on the subject of free floating forearms and I need your help.

I purchased a very good condition Arm. National Match upper but have no real interest in match shooting. This will be a plinking/target rifle. I am trying to lighten up things a little so I will have Kurt turn the barrel down to Gov. profile and then I want to replace the DCM forearm with a light weight floating forearm. I don't have any need for accessories so rails are not necessary. I will add a bipod stud and I may want to add a rail to the bottom of the forearm later. I do want the forearm to be sturdy but light as possible.

The KA Grip looks good in pictures but how does it hold up? How about the C More Quad Rail? One problem I have is not having any access to different accessories I'm looking for. So pictures, my judgement and your insight is what I have to go on. I'm open to any and all suggestions on this subject.

Also, while keeping one of the small peeps, I drilled the other peep as a large ghost ring similar to the BM peep. Makes for a really nice dual purpose sight

Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:26:11 PM EDT
The closest thing I could suggest would be a hiperform Ultra-light FF handguard. They are a one-piece handguard with an aluminum barrel nut and carbon fiber tube. They are very light and durable. Mounting rails and studs are not a problem with them, but they are not indexable so if you did it, it would have to stay with one rifle. [url]www.hiperform.com[/url] Here's a pic of the carbine version. [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/040100.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:33:09 PM EDT
Ridge, Could you explain the indexing thing?
Top Top