Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:03:16 PM EDT
Like the title says, is there anyone that makes a lightweight profile Midlength gas system barrel?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:14:36 PM EDT
Not that I've seen. Sabre Defence does make a government profile midlength barrel, though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:19:01 PM EDT
Adco can turn one down for you, or flute it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:26:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HarryStone:
Adco can turn one down for you, or flute it.

Yeah, but I was wondering if there was a production barrel out there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:37:23 PM EDT
I don't know of any LW middies, but the Sabre barrel is awefully nice.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:52:16 PM EDT
Anybody know for sure what profile the Armalite mid-lengths are? I thought they had a lighter-than-HBAR profile, but have seen conflicting information.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:54:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mike_L:
Anybody know for sure what profile the Armalite mid-lengths are? I thought they had a lighter-than-HBAR profile, but have seen conflicting information.

They made an M4 profile with a g'ovt profile under the handgaurds barrel for a while I believe.

I like the idea of lightweight barrels, like the Bushmaster, but would like to see one turned down to ~.600 or smaller with a 1/7 twist.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:10:06 PM EDT
When I got my midlength a few years ago the choice was between an Armalite 1/9 chrome and a RRA 1/8 SS. At that time I saw some places that said the Armalite was light under the HGs and some that said it was an HBAR, but never saw a picture of the Armalite profile to be sure. I went with the RRA which was an HBAR and had it turned down to about .70" under the HGs. Now I'd just get a Sabre, which I think is 1/7 and chrome like I wanted. I think the Cavalry Arms midlengths are Govt. profile too, but 1/9 twist, and Adco might sell some that are pre-profiled to Govt. I don't think anybody makes a mid-length lighter than that, unless one of kit places like J&T does now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:15:42 AM EDT
The Sabre mid-lengths that Talon Arms sells are LW under the handguards. They are also 1:7 twist, 4150, M4 extentions, and "F" front sight base.

Here's a carbine I built up using one of their barrels:

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:01:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:
The Sabre mid-lengths that Talon Arms sells are LW under the handguards. They are also 1:7 twist, 4150, M4 extentions, and "F" front sight base.

members.cox.net/mwinder3/middy.jpg

That's a Nice Carbine!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:44:34 PM EDT

Oooo Neato.

What kind of price do those barrels run?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:25:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By purplecheese:

Oooo Neato.

What kind of price do those barrels run?

IIRC they ran $245 during the group buy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:44:57 PM EDT
I got mine about a month ago with the delta ring and A2 FH for $285.

WIZZO
Top Top