Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:03:16 PM EDT
Like the title says, is there anyone that makes a lightweight profile Midlength gas system barrel?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that I've seen.  Sabre Defence does make a government profile midlength barrel, though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Adco can turn one down for you, or flute it.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Adco can turn one down for you, or flute it.  

Yeah, but I was wondering if there was a production barrel out there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know of any LW middies, but the Sabre barrel is awefully nice.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody know for sure what profile the Armalite mid-lengths are?  I thought they had a lighter-than-HBAR profile, but have seen conflicting information.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anybody know for sure what profile the Armalite mid-lengths are?  I thought they had a lighter-than-HBAR profile, but have seen conflicting information.

They made an M4 profile with a g'ovt profile under the handgaurds barrel for a while I believe.

I like the idea of lightweight barrels, like the Bushmaster, but would like to see one turned down to ~.600 or smaller with a 1/7 twist.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
When I got my midlength a few years ago the choice was between an Armalite 1/9 chrome and a RRA 1/8 SS.  At that time I saw some places that said the Armalite was light under the HGs and some that said it was an HBAR, but never saw a picture of the Armalite profile to be sure.  I went with the RRA which was an HBAR and had it turned down to about .70" under the HGs.  Now I'd just get a Sabre, which I think is 1/7 and chrome like I wanted.  I think the Cavalry Arms midlengths are Govt. profile too, but 1/9 twist, and Adco might sell some that are pre-profiled to Govt.  I don't think anybody makes a mid-length lighter than that, unless one of kit places like J&T does now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#8]
The Sabre mid-lengths that Talon Arms sells are LW under the handguards.  They are also 1:7 twist, 4150, M4 extentions, and "F" front sight base.

Here's a carbine I built up using one of their barrels:

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Sabre mid-lengths that Talon Arms sells are LW under the handguards.  They are also 1:7 twist, 4150, M4 extentions, and "F" front sight base.

members.cox.net/mwinder3/middy.jpg

That's a Nice Carbine!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oooo Neato.

What kind of price do those barrels run?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oooo Neato.

What kind of price do those barrels run?

IIRC they ran $245 during the group buy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine about a month ago with the delta ring and A2 FH for $285.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top