Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/28/2003 9:20:50 AM EDT
I want to attach an M900 to my 16" Bush Vmatch with LW barrel. Can someone recommend a durable LW FFRas, or would I be better off trying to attach a weaver-base to my existing forend?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:11:57 AM EDT
Light weight free float handguards are ARMS SIR system, KAC RAS or Oly FIRSH. Oly being the cheapest and the lest durable but will handle the abuse delivered by a civilian shooter. RAS is my favorite but it is a bit heavier then the ARMS SIR. both system offer military grade durability and they all expel heat with great success. but the price shoots skyward for those units. you will find FF RAS for about 340 dollars and SIR for about 390 dollars. check out NewARGuy's excellent review on all three system on the top of this fourm. this will give you a better understand on how much you want to spend and what you expect to get out of the unit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:15:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:10:17 PM EDT
Wow, the ARMS #59 is quite heavy. I see the benefit of the ARMS as not requiring barrel nut removal and the bottom handrail is removable to clean out any crud.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:21:24 PM EDT
If you are a do-it-yourselfer I know how (and can tell you how) to MOD a OLY FIRSH to make it FAR more durable and basically on par with a KAC FF RAS. (but you will have to cope with not having the KAC logos and asthetic appearance. My brother thought that was OK but for me I would rather have the nicer look of the KAC unit.)
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:06:59 PM EDT
I would be interested in this modification! Thanks Cato
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:31:18 PM EDT
Thanks for all the great info. Anyone have an idea how much the bush Vmatch forend on my 16" weighs including the barrel nut? I am wondering how much additional (or less) weight I would have if I went with the KAC ffras for a 16"
Top Top