Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:24:19 PM EDT
I'm new to the AR world, but I've been into handguns for 20+ years.  I brought my new AR out to the range yesterday and the trigger pull is extremely heavy and stiff.  I'm wondering if you can lighten the pull with the stock trigger by maybe changing the springs, or do I need to replace the entire assembly.  I have a nice collection of Kimber 1911's and a few Sig Sauers.  The tirgger pulls on the stock pistols are smooth and fairly light (4-4.5 lbs.), and I would like the rifle to match my handguns.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a single stage trigger, I have a set from JP Enterpriseand have used it in training without problems.

If you like two stage triggers, you can get a White Oaks Armament tuned RRA trigger from ADCO

Chip McCormick makes a trigger pack like, drop in single or two stage trigger, but I have hard a few members having problems with it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You might try JP Enterprises Reduced Power Springs.

I bought a set as a gift for my father, but tried it out on a 6920 first just to check it out.  I kept it and got him socks instead.   I love these springs.  Can't beat the price for the improvement it makes!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha from a rifle part to socks, did he drop you on yer head when you were a kid?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
are the hammer springs reduced power to? i would think that could be a bad thing since i had a weak hammer spring that was causing light primer strikes and a FTF.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#6]
You could always try the 15 minute/25 cent trigger job tricks also.  It basically involves bending and/or cutting the legs of the stock hammer & trigger springs to reduce their force a bit and in turn reduce the trigger pull weight.  I did it to mine (just the bending, none of the cutting) and was able to get down to about a 6 lb. pull that is reliable (fires mil-spec and all other primers without fail) and safe (passes all safety checks every time out).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top