Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/2/2006 1:42:10 PM EDT
I have a bushmaster m4gery, and yesterday while shooting 150 rounds, I had about 3 light primer strikes that failed to fire. It would happen in the middle of magazines and once on the first shot. I've never had this problem before with my rifle and I've had about 2500 rounds through it so far. I was using remanufactured ammo, but I can't think of any reason the ammo would effect the primer strike.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:46:47 PM EDT
Have you disassembled the hammer and removed the spring, if so you may have the spring on backward. This will give you less spring pressure and result in light primer strikes.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:50:17 PM EDT
I haven't disassembled the hammer assembly but it is a factory built lower from bushmaster and I haven't had any trouble with light primer strikes for the first 2K or so rounds.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:30:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 3:32:49 PM EDT by Forward_Assist]
Try using some different ammo. A lot of people do not know what a normal primer strike looks like because they see it after the fact (cartridge fires) a normal strike does not look like what you see on a fired primer. the usual cause of no bang on a bad cartridge is a high or improperly seated primer or deep primer pocket. If this is not the case try replacing the firing pin. Also check for debri in the firing pin channel (not likely)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:06:13 PM EDT
Bump
Top Top