Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2015 5:19:25 PM EDT
So far I've bought around 5-6 different bolts for a 7.62x39. I just bought a LGW bolt.  My experience with it was ok at best.

After a trip to the range, I was having issues at first which I determined to be magazine related.  However, towards the end of the session there were multiple failures to extract.  If I had paid around $50 for this thing then I would probably have just said whatever and moved on.  However, since I paid $150 and waited around 2 months for it. I figured I would show you guys this.

I tried to get good details of the crappy machining however I wasn't really able to.  I was able to capture this to an extent though.

You can see what almost looks like a stress fracture or something.  Logically you can say that they probably just went a little too deep when they machined the groove for the extractor to go.  However it looks cracked in a way.  

This also leads to the question of, "am I the only one who cleans under the extractor???"

Next, I'll be testing this LMT bolt which definitely looks the part (and took only 3 days to ship...)

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a LMT bolt and an ARP Superbolt as my x39 back-ups.  Haven't had to put them into play yet, my original YHM and Armalite bolts are still going strong on my two x39 rifles.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a LMT bolt and an ARP Superbolt as my x39 back-ups. Haven't had to put them into play yet, my original YHM and Armalite bolts are still going strong on my two x39 rifles.
View Quote

I'm going to use the Liberty Bolt as my back up.  I wish I had that kind of luck with all the bolts that I bought, however most of them flat out didn't work for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
wow!  sorry to see that! I have over a thousand rounds through my Liberty bolt without a hiccup.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
wow! sorry to see that! I have over a thousand rounds through my Liberty bolt without a hiccup.
View Quote

Yeah lol, I'm having terrible luck with these damn bolts for some reason.

I kind of suspect that the owner of LGW was pissed at me because I kept trying to figure out what the status of my order was after the original 3 weeks had passed.  

But also, I was expecting there to be a patent pending mark on the bolt like they show on the website.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Update: Just got back from the range.  The LMT bolt worked like a charm.  

After buying around 5 bolts for the 7.62x39 I finally have one that works.  

I would definitely recommend the LMT bolt for anyone in the market for a 7.62x39 bolt.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry not sure which company is LGW and LMT?

Sorry I suppose LGW is Liberty Gun Works but LMT has me stumped.

Sorry I am not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed

EDIT. I figured it out!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, I realize now that all the 3 letter acronyms probably got confusing.  LMT is Lewis Machine & Tool which I didn't even know until they sent the invoice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#8]
LMT bolts have a pretty solid reputation on this forum, glad to hear it fixed your issue. I've had no issues from mine going on 4 years, shooting nothing but Yugo M67 surplus corrosive ammo, which has more energy than any commercial steel ammo I've tried.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top