Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 6:58:37 PM EDT
Levang Linear muzzle compensator, Anyone try one? I was wondering if anyone noticed if it was quieter to the shooter? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a modified one I use as a "tuner" on a heavy-barrel 10/22.

Noise is directed forward as advertised.  In fact, with subsonic ammo, it's almost quiet.  The noise is still there, but it's at the muzzle forward, not back at the shooter.

No experience with it on the AR though...

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one on the wife's AR & it works pretty good.  I was under the impression it was post-ban legal (if permanently affixed) until reading somewhere that its OD is 22mm & thus considered a grenade launcher or some other misinterpreted legal silliness.  Otherwise I (we) like it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]
i had one on a pre ban barrel and currently have one of KKF's modified levangs' on a post ban AR. i think it may help in directing the noice away from the shooter. post ban KKF levang in on my registered SBR (ya post ban) 11.5" barrel and it does seem easier on the ears than without it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
What is the modification that's done to them. Getting the diameter turned down?

CHRIS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top