Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 4:29:42 AM EDT
Can some of you Leupold experts tell me the difference between the 3.5-10x40 M3 Long Range Vari X III and the 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T? Looks like the same scope tp me but I'm not sure.
Is the Mark 4 LR/T worth the extra money? Throw out some comments.
Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
So, the Long Range Vari X III and the  Mark 4 LR/T 3.5x10 are the same scope?
Thanks again for the help guys. I want tomake sure I know what I'm
getting before I drop my hard earned pennies.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
baronplt,

The VariX-III LR/T and the Mark4 LR/T are identical in looks and function.  The only difference is about 10-20% better clarity and a little more light transmission on the Mark4.  Last year Leupold came out with index match lens coatings.  This is essentially what optomitrists have been doing forever on eye glasses.  

Each perscription eye glass requires a specific amount of lens coating.  relate the prescription to the magnification and that is what we have done.  Instead of all Mark4 and VX lines have the same amount of lens coating we specified it to the magnification and scope.  In low light is where you will see a big difference especially on the 2.5-8 and 3.5-10 powers.  

If you find a good deal on a Vari-XIII LR/T I would pick it up.  Hope this helps.  Last year the MArk4 line went up in price so you will see a difference in price between the two.

Jerod

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Jerrod,
Thanks alot, that cleared it up for me. I will probably get the Vari X III, it's a couple hundred bucks cheaper.
Jody
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Just double check the knobs, there will be an M1 1/4 MOA click adjustment model as well as an M3 1 MOA ballistic cam variant.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top