Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/16/2016 11:40:38 PM EST
I have searched and searched but haven't found any real differences between the two other than the VX-3i has newer low light technology and has a cheaper retail price.

Is this the only true difference between them?

I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used VX-3 or a new VX-3i for around the same price ($400) and am unsure of the better deal, I'm leaning towards the VX-3i just because it's brand new but don't know if cheaper retail price means cheaper quality or not.

I appreciate any insight you guys have.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:27:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/17/2016 12:28:15 AM EST by MS556]
Originally Posted By jonjonpopo:
I have searched and searched but haven't found any real differences between the two other than the VX-3i has newer low light technology and has a cheaper retail price.

Is this the only true difference between them?

I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used VX-3 or a new VX-3i for around the same price ($400) and am unsure of the better deal, I'm leaning towards the VX-3i just because it's brand new but don't know if cheaper retail price means cheaper quality or not.

I appreciate any insight you guys have.

Thanks.
View Quote

VX-3 scopes are very good. I'm not convinced that the VX-3i is an improvement. Test reports on the 3i don't seem to be identifying any real benefit from the "enhanced" lens coatings, and fine detail resolution may actually be degraded. I've looked at some and am not ready to give up any of my VX-3 scopes yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:23:51 PM EST
Of all the end users I talked to that own both all of them say the the Twilight Max Light Management System of the 3i is an improvement. In the $400 price point the 3i is hard to beat.
Top Top