Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 4:18:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 5:40:30 PM EDT by lcsert416]
I was always under the impression that Leupold scopes sold on the civilian market have a lifetime warranty. I know the "certified" CQTs have a five year warranty and have heard the same is so for other MK4 scopes sold to the Military and LE, but was recently told that all Mark 4s have only a 5 year warranty . If anybody knows for sure let me know. I know there is a Leupold rep that often post here. Hoping he could give me the facts.

EDITED: I e-mailed Leupold and will post the response when they get back to me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:51:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:21:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 9:22:26 AM EDT by lcsert416]
Leupold got back to me (in less than a day!) Here is part of what they said:
"The scope in question would be covered under our Full Lifetime Guarantee unless the scope is for something other than its design."

The "scope in question" is a Mark 4 PR scope, purchased through civilian channels.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:24:07 AM EDT
I believe only the eletronics in the CQ/T carry the 5 year warranty. The optics carry a lifetime warranty.

All Leupold optics carry a lifetime "presentation" warranty. Meaning whoever presents the optic to Leupold will get the benefit of the warranty.

Apparently, it's a really low stress ordeal.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 4:21:58 PM EDT by JerodJohnson]
All Leupold optics used for non military application have a lifetime warrantee(not hard to get around if you think about it) All of the Leupold illuminated scopes have a two year warrantee on the electronics. I have not seen Leupold turn down a scope for repair by a military member for service passed five years. Our Wind River spotters and binos have a original buyer's lifetime warrantee that requires the buyer to register the product for verification.

Jerod

jjohnson@leupold.com
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:22:55 PM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:14:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JerodJohnson:
All Leupold optics used for non military application have a lifetime warrantee(not hard to get around if you think about it) All of the Leupold illuminated scopes have a two year warrantee on the electronics. I have not seen Leupold turn down a scope for repair by a military member for service passed five years. Our Wind River spotters and binos have a original buyer's lifetime warrantee that requires the buyer to register the product for verification.

Jerod

jjohnson@leupold.com

Well that's a good clarification.

I have never seen a written instance, or heard of a case where a Leupold has been turned down for legitimate warranty service -- but I stand corrected.
Top Top