Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 4:18:26 PM EDT
I was always under the impression that Leupold scopes sold on the civilian market have a lifetime warranty. I know the "certified" CQTs have a five year warranty and have heard the same is so for other MK4 scopes sold to the Military and LE, but was recently told that all Mark 4s have only a 5 year warranty .  If anybody knows for sure let me know.  I know there is a Leupold rep that often post here. Hoping he could give me the facts.    

EDITED: I e-mailed Leupold and will post the response when they get back to me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Leupold got back to me (in less than a day!)  Here is part of what they said:
"The scope in question would be covered under our Full Lifetime Guarantee unless the scope is for something other than its design."

The "scope in question" is a Mark 4 PR scope, purchased through civilian channels.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe only the eletronics in the CQ/T carry the 5 year warranty.  The optics carry a lifetime warranty.

All Leupold optics carry a lifetime "presentation" warranty.  Meaning whoever presents the optic to Leupold will get the benefit of the warranty.

Apparently, it's a really low stress ordeal.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
All Leupold optics used for non military application have a lifetime warrantee(not hard to get around if you think about it)  All of the Leupold illuminated scopes have a two year warrantee on the electronics.  I have not seen Leupold turn down a scope for repair by a military member for service passed five years.  Our Wind River spotters and binos have a original buyer's lifetime warrantee that requires the buyer to register the product for verification.

Jerod

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All Leupold optics used for non military application have a lifetime warrantee(not hard to get around if you think about it)  All of the Leupold illuminated scopes have a two year warrantee on the electronics.  I have not seen Leupold turn down a scope for repair by a military member for service passed five years.  Our Wind River spotters and binos have a original buyer's lifetime warrantee that requires the buyer to register the product for verification.

Jerod

[email protected]

Well that's a good clarification.

I have never seen a written instance, or heard of a case where a Leupold has been turned down for legitimate warranty service -- but I stand corrected.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top