Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2004 12:10:10 PM EST
Does anyone have any experience with this scope and their AR? It looks interesting to me with its circle dot and 3x magnification. Im new to ARs but I havent seen any discussion of this sight. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:16:43 AM EST
The discussions are here just look back further..
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:46:21 AM EST
C4iGrant seems to like his.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:58:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 7:00:10 AM EST by DevL]
Negatives: Poor eye relief at high power. Too heavy. Only 3X magnification max. Dim/light colored reticle with no way to tell if its canted. Poor battery life. Small objective/exit pupil

Positives: Relatively inexpensive for what it is. Great FOV. Variable power and lit reticle. LaRue mount available. Not too long for a variable power scope.

The Nightforce 1-4X will have great magnification, better light gathering/exit pupil, a brighter, better colored and easier to use reticle selection, less length and weight but will cost more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:09:42 AM EST
I just bought mine from O2Overlander and really like it.
I will agree that the eye relief when magnified is pretty close.
Didn't have much trouble mounting, I used the factory munt but am waiting on Grant to let me know when I can get the Larue mount for it.
Overall it works pretty well for me.With fresh battery the reticle lights up good for me.The yellow takes some getting used to. For a 3x mag it is surprisingly clear and crisp.
Scott
Top Top