Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:46:44 AM EDT
This past weekend I figured I'd buy some spare batteries to have on hand for my Leupold MR/T's illuminated reticle.

So I went to several drug stores for stuff, and checked out what they had for batteries... nada.

Finally today at lunch I went to my nearest Radio Shack and bought the last two in the store. The kid looking the stuff up on the computer said they were discontinued (maybe, maybe not, I'm not convinced of that).

My question is, where are you guys buying these batteries? I know I can always just use it as a non-illuminated reticle if needs be, but I prefer having full functionality.

TIA
jim

Edit: Oh yeah, the kid asked his associate if he knew where the battery was... the other kid said the 3v battery I was looking for was essentially the same as two 1.5v batteries stacked... Anyone do that...?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
TAG for further info. I have an illuminated MR/T so I am curious about the future battery availability comment.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I got spare batteries for my IOR 1.1-4x at a camera/photo store.  Anecdote on the battery stacking; I had a garage door opener I took into Interstate and they pulled out 2 stacked batteries and plopped in a single battery.  It's worked reliably since then.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got spare batteries for my IOR 1.1-4x at a camera/photo store.  Anecdote on the battery stacking; I had a garage door opener I took into Interstate and they pulled out 2 stacked batteries and plopped in a single battery.  It's worked reliably since then.

Oh yeah, good call... I'll have to remember the camera store!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the same battery used in the Aimpoint.  There is no chance in hell the batteries have been "discontinued".  Radio Shack may have stopped carrying them but there are plenty of other places to buy the batteries.

Here:

www.riflescopes.com/departments/333/accessories/aimpoint_accessories/aimpoint_batteries.htm
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top