Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2003 7:20:18 AM EDT
How would something like a compact Leupold (fixed or variable) like what's on the Cooper scout rifle work on a 16" AR?  How would this compare to the EOtech setup?  Also how does the EO mount to a flat top?  Setting up a carbine for paper punching, max 200 yards and not interested in spending over $400-500.  Thanks, Nelson
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey
It actually works very well.
I have an M8 3X fixed on my Armalite M15A4 using their 1" mount/rings. For the purposes you are wanting it for it is an excellant and inexpensive way to have fun.
Out to 200 you wont be as accuate with an EO, even though they are excellant and you would have acceptible accuracy with it. The Leupy M8 series is an excellant line.
I also own an M8 tactical with Target knobs and A/O Duplex ret in 6X this is an EXCELLANT scope for the money it runs aroiund $300.00 and is clear as day.
good luck.
cp
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree 100%. Use an ARMS#38 EX on a A3/A4 carbine and you can mount a scout (LER/EER) type scope with some quick detach rings. Gives you the best of both worlds.
Both eyes open, plus magnification. I'm a big fan of scout setups.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top