Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2012 2:25:41 PM EDT
I never see any mention of the Leupold CQT sight... I think its built rugged and If your battery dies you still have an etched reticle. Any opinions here on this optic???
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Its on the heavy side and I wasn't a huge fan of the reticle. I think there are better options for a magnified optic than a dot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Antiquated technology.  Pretty much any of the newer 1-4 or 1-6 optics would serve you better.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the CQT with the CM-R2 reticle on a 16" AR mostly used for 3-gun.
The good:
- CM-R2 reticle is designed for M855 and uses a 200 zero and has holds for 300, 400, 500-800 yds.  Fast, easy to use and works with almost any 223/5.56 ammo if you zero the 400 mark at 400; the 300 & 200 will be close enough and 500 is workable.
- Illumination settings low enough to be used with night vision.
The bad:
- Illumination is not daylight visible
- Heavy
- 1-3 magnification makes longer shots challenging; works for most 3-gun events where the smallest target is an 8” plate (MGM) out to 400-450.  While longer /smaller MOA shots are possible you don’t get the visual feedback possible with a higher magnification.

Best of all:
It looks bad-ass!!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top