Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2016 7:34:31 PM EDT
Hi all,

I'm planning to piggy back a mini red dot sight on my VX-R Patrol 3-9 via the LaRue LT742 Adapter Ring Half. Does anyone know if the Leupold Alumina lens covers cause a problem by obstructing the view through the red dot when the lens caps are up? Does this set up work? Or is it either the lens caps OR the piggy back red dot and not both? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The Alumina caps fold back completely flat against the scope tube.  I had no problem with a Deltapoint Pro.  The folded cap was not visible in tbe rds field of view.  I have since moved it to 45 drgree offset, though, because I did not like having to break my cheekweld to a chin weld and lift my head.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... I don't think my Alumina caps fold flat, but I would have to dig out my SPR to figure it out.  I know I had an issue last range visit that the bill of my ball cap was interfering with the covers and I had to rotate the rear out of the way (it turns freely without unscrewing).

Are yours spring loaded?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
They are spring loaded, and there is a rubber detent like groove that allows them to fold flat.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine fold flat also.  I have several pairs and they all do it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Alumina caps fold back completely flat against the scope tube.  I had no problem with a Deltapoint Pro.  The folded cap was not visible in tbe rds field of view.  I have since moved it to 45 drgree offset, though, because I did not like having to break my cheekweld to a chin weld and lift my head.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/Mobile%20Uploads/863F4DDC-370E-46DB-AA6D-8C3659875B6F_zpsolwtwpz9.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/Mobile%20Uploads/0665C7DE-146B-4DEE-93BE-6DC7EC7A2DD6_zpsxulxf6fb.jpg
View Quote

I love this site. Thanks all for the great info.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are spring loaded, and there is a rubber detent like groove that allows them to fold flat.
View Quote

Oh, duh, thanks.  I just pop them open and figured that's where they stopped.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top