Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 2:14:39 AM EST
I pretty much have my mind set on one of these scopes with illuminated mil dot and M1 turrets. While the LR/T series are nice scopes, I don't feel the extra size is desireable for me particularly for an AR style rifle. The AR I want to mount it on has a KAC FF long RAS.

Is there any reason to go without the illuminated reticle? I like the idea of having it to aid in low light conditions.

Is there any reason to get the M3 turrets instead? I prefer the lower profile of the M3 but like the finer prescision of the M1.

In the area I live in, most of my shooting is confined to 100 yards max, with occassional access to a 200 yard range.

Also, as much as I like Larue products, what about the ARMS equivalent? I have used ARMS products and have no issues with them either. Does the Larue cantilver put the MR/T too far forward? I recall this was a good solution for the LR/T but don't know if this is good with an MR/T.

TIA
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:58:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 7:58:41 PM EST by ar-jedi]
bump, 'cause this guy is asking good questions...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:10:53 PM EST
I think the LaRue is better suited to the Leupold LR/T, but it could be made to work with an MR/T also. I think it is hard to beat the ARMS #22 high ring setup used on the SPRs. This allows mounting on the receiver alone and gives very good eye relief.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:55:44 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:37:51 AM EST
ARMS #22 high or ARMS #35

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:09:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:49:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By FALbert:

Is there any reason to go without the illuminated reticle? I like the idea of having it to aid in low light conditions.

Is there any reason to get the M3 turrets instead? I prefer the lower profile of the M3 but like the finer prescision of the M1

I too would be interested in answers to these questions.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:06:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:38:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By CSGunWorkscom:
The big reason I like the illuminated reticle is real not because its illumination even though it is nice to have. I like it because it is a glass reticle not wire. The non-illuminated reticles are wire.

The M1 is nice to have for fine tune shooting. For shooting 100 to 300 a scope with ¼ MOA clicks would be my first choice. For a rifle setup to be a counter sniper or tactical mid range rifle I would want ½ to 1 MOA turrets w/ BDC info calibrated to the round (M3 is MR/T is calibrated for 69gr 223 w/ 1MOA), or a Drop compensator reticle calibrated to the round I’m shooting.

Now this is useful information I did not get from their website.

Looks like this will be the one: www.leupold.com/products/tactical_products/Mark_4_3-9x36mm_MRT_M3_IR.htm
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:32:46 AM EST
You may want to consider these rings also. These are the one's I'm going with on my Leupold. Just an idea.
laruetactical.com/marketplace/servlet/Marketplaces?webEvent(ProductDetailAddPage,lo­adProduct)&productID=1853&scrollTop=765
Top Top