Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2018 7:08:11 AM EDT
I have the Leopold already. It is new in the box and unused but the money has already been spent. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PRICE ON THESE SCOPES, IT ISN'T A FACTOR

This is going on a SCAR 17 to use in a DMR type role.

Which of these two scopes would be the better optic? Is there another scope by S&B or something that is better than either of these scopes in this application?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/15/2018 7:03:29 PM EDT by HunterKiller86]
Better in what sense? Horus reticle is great/best for some camps. The FC-DM is NF's take on the concept.

If nothing else, the NF has a smaller footprint.

CQBSS was great but its been years and riflescopes have come a long way in terms of technology.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:06:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/15/2018 8:08:39 PM EDT by BarrettBoy]
Schmidt Bender is about to release (or is it already released?) arguably the best LPV.
The PM2 1-8 shortdot dual CC

-Dual focal plane reticle with a beamsplitter reddot in the SFP (basically a built in aimpoint), both of which illuminate. Although expensive, IMO the dual focal plane with beamsplitter is the best LPV setup.
-close to parallax free x1 CC mode
-German HD Schmidt Bender glass
-open locking turrets

If money is no object, this is easily the best choice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:56:52 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BarrettBoy:
Schmidt Bender is about to release (or is it already released?) arguably the best LPV.
The PM2 1-8 shortdot dual CC

-Dual focal plane reticle with a beamsplitter reddot in the SFP (basically a built in aimpoint), both of which illuminate. Although expensive, IMO the dual focal plane with beamsplitter is the best LPV setup.
-close to parallax free x1 CC mode
-German HD Schmidt Bender glass
-open locking turrets

If money is no object, this is easily the best choice.
View Quote
Given S&B's history with their LPVO packages, I'll believe that it's been released when it's actually on the dealers shelves and available for pickup.

As far as specs on paper are concerned - I'll wait until a number of them are in peoples hands and real life reviews are provided before calling anything "easily the best choice"
Top Top